Remote job description
A bit about us
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we've built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a "Great Place to Work", along with "Best Company Outlook 2022," and "Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022," and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
As an Integration Engineer, you will be in a fast paced product development environment where you will spearhead the evolution of critical turn-key integrations to the Lever Hire Platform. This role is crucial in helping Lever thrive within a complex ecosystem of HR technologies by enabling customers to use our platform within their HR stack. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with our Solutions Architecture, Engineer, Product and Support teams. Our Integration Engineer has previous experience working in a high-growth company, leveraging technical expertise coupled with product knowledge to best in class solutions, leveling up peers, and contributing to an environment of unabashed competence and professional excellence.
You will work closely with the Solutions Architecture team to understand our customers' evolving use cases, assess current state and design our future state solutions. You will be in lockstep with Product Operations and Support to establish communication plans, align rollout activities and execute seamless deployment for thousands of customers.
This role has the ability to immediately make an impact on large portions of the Lever customer community. Customers depend on the integrations built and managed by our team to ensure Lever can function within their HR technology ecosystem. You will have the opportunity to work with a state of the art Integration Platform, stretch creative problem solving muscles and oversee the product from inception to deployment. Additionally, you will learn from and collaborate with a group of exceptional high performing Solutions Architecture peers with prior experience at companies like Accenture, Deloitte and PWC.
This role will eventually transition into a position with the Engineering Product team where you'll help us build out our core product by developing high-impact, user-facing features. In our growing engineering organization, you'll be developing and shipping new features and updates to Lever's product. You'll be learning about our real-time web stack UI frameworks that help us deliver a beautiful and high quality solution to our customers. In addition, working on API's and integrations to support our partners. You'll work collaboratively with product managers and designers to drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
You'll become familiar with all parts of our stack-including our open source web framework, DerbyJS. You will exercise judgment in making tradeoffs between design and feasibility. You'll engineer extension points to be scalable and resilient in a complex, single-page application.
You will be part of the Professional Services team at Lever which consists of Implementation Consultants, Solution Architects and Talent Analytics Consultants. The Solutions Architecture team specifically works with customers to meet their integration and automation needs. The integration engineer will focus on turn-key solutions owned by the Solutions Architecture team.
Our ideal coworker is smart, self-directed, persuasive, empathetic, creative and loves problem solving. They are also well-versed with APIs and are comfortable leading across all stages of the SDLC. It's critical that you can quickly evaluate API documentation and leverage standardized design patterns to aid with development. We are looking for someone who knows how to manage their time effectively and can prioritize the tasks in front of them. If this sounds like you, drop us a line!
The skill set
- 2-4+ years experience designing and developing custom solutions
- Familiarity with APIs, middleware, technical architecture design, and testing
- Empathetic to customer and end-user needs with the ability to synthesize solutions that meet a broad spectrum of use cases
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and project management
- Growth mindset with a bias towards action
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
- Computer Science degree and/or prior engineering experience strongly preferred
Within 1 month, you'll
- Attend Ramp Camp, which is Lever's version of onboarding. You'll learn about all aspects of the business with a cross-functional group of new Leveroos.
- Kick off your Starter Project at Lever, which all new employees do within their first month and addresses a team-specific pain point.
- Complete training via Workato's Automation Institute
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, AWS, Lever) in order to engage with your peers both in Customer Success and across the company.
- Jump into the Customer Service and Support queue to jumpstart your Lever product knowledge; be able to answer 80% of basic customer questions and Lever Data API questions without additional support.
- Review Lever Data API tickets from the last 30 days with our Technical Support team to understand the type of questions being asked, product features, issues, and the underlying data relationships.
Within 3 months, you'll
- Demonstrate proficiency in Workato by designing, developing and testing your first integration.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Lever's API; alongside our Solutions Architects, design and implement your first integration project leveraging the Lever Data API.
- Orient yourself around the Solutions Architecture team's mission, goals, norms, strengths and growth areas; partner with your manager to develop your own Individual Impact Plan. Track your progress and receive feedback via Lattice, our performance tracking tool.
Within 6 months, you'll
- Be the product expert and the go-to technical resource for Solutions Architecture turn-key integrations. You will demonstrate proficiency and understanding of: application architecture, integration tooling, topology, disaster recovery, security, API, advanced features/configuration, and creating reusable assets for cross-functional teams.
- Identify common patterns for custom solutions, talent automation, and system interoperability; develop reusable services to power future sales, simplify timeframes for scoping, maintenance and support, and accelerate solution delivery timeframes.
- Work with the Product Team to identify and prioritize enhancements for the Lever Data API for key interoperability scenarios.
Within 12 months, you'll
- Own the ongoing interactions, priorities, and roadmap for existing solutions and data migration tools, supported integration tools such as Workato, and the development toolkit.
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Solutions Architecture processes; assess results and refine.
- Mentor new team members.
- Is this role not an exact fit?
- Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
The Lever Story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The LeverTRM features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of over 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielsen. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Integrations Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment