Head of Design
Remote job description
Papaya is a modern fin-tech platform that simplifies bill payments for American families. Using computer vision and automation, our app makes paying your bills as simple as taking a picture.
We started in 2016 with the mission to alleviate the frustration of paying bills. We are building technology to help address American families' number one source of stress, finances, while also helping billers of all sizes and from all industries get paid faster and more often.
At Papaya, we love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020, 2021, and 2022! We are proud to have 4.8 stars and over 90k reviews on the App Store, and are backed by investors that include Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, and First Round Capital.
About the Role:
As Head of Design at Papaya you will craft experiences that empower people to take control of their bill paying process. You'll ensure our customer is represented in every aspect of the services we deliver, and will be a leader in user-centered design practices. Bill payment is a significant cause of financial stress, and you will help alleviate that by giving users control, with an efficient and delightful experience. You'll be a team of one to start and will quickly hire and mentor more designers.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Hire UX and visual designers, and researchers and evangelize best-practices by presenting user needs and research
- Lead design projects in cross-functional agile teams
- Create user flows, anticipating edge cases and errors
- Deliver designs that simplify complexity, with a strong eye for detail
- Actively contribute to our standards and style guide
- Iterate on designs and testing (e.g. a/b and fake door), incorporating data into your design process and evolving our understanding of customer needs and behavior
- Work in Figma, and other software as needed for prototyping and presentations
What you can bring:
- Experience. 7+ years of native mobile Product Design experience and 3+ years experience hiring and mentoring designers
- Excellent Communication. Ability to present and explain user flows and designs to stakeholders, engineers, and product
- Adaptability. The ability to learn quickly, test new things, and thrive in ambiguity; incorporating feedback and data into your work along the way
- Passion. For our mission of alleviating the stress of bill pay
- Startup Experience. Experience in a fast-moving FinTech startup is a plus
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
Company name: Papaya Pay
Remote job title: Head of Design
Job tags: Financial technology, User Flow, User Interface Design
location or timezone
posted254 days ago