PYXERA Global is a team of mission-focused, innovative, and passionate individuals working to bring together the best of business, government, and nonprofit organizations to solve global challenges. We work in issue areas ranging from the environment and circular economy to racial justice, health and education—translating objectives across the sectors to create business and social value. We provide advisory counsel and program execution in over one hundred countries—bringing the resources and expertise of multi-national companies into under-resourced communities around the world to build resiliency and capability.
We are looking for a talented designer to create strong digital experiences that connect our audiences with our brand This includes areas such as website development, video, and graphic design. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web and graphic design, excellent user interface design skills, multimedia capabilities such as video, animation, and the ability to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows. They will be able to transform requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional designs. Additionally, this designer will support print collateral, such as reports, one-pagers, and toolkits.
Location This preferred location for this role is in Washington, DC. Open to considering a remote position.
- Web, Mobile, and Graphic Design
- Proven work experience in web and responsive design and UX, with sensitivity to user-system interaction; solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and sitemaps
- Excellent visual design skills in graphic design, inclusive of print (reports/one-pagers), video, infographics, and social media
- Demonstrable experience in interactive storytelling through digital media
- Proficiency in WordPress, Square Space, Mailchimp, as well as wire-framing platforms
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strength in brand management
- Basic working knowledge of copywriting
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest digital communications, new media, web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Project management
- Oversee the planning, tracking, and deliverables of projects, including managing multiple internal and external stakeholders and ensuring projects are completed within the time frame and the budget assigned; manage cross-functional communications.
- At least 4 – 6 years professional experience
- Design and Creative
- Demonstrable animation skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience in data visualization
- Photography and photo editing
- Application of human-centered design principles
- Web and CRM
- Familiarity with content management systems such as Joomla and Drupal, and CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process and rapid prototyping
- Sector Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledgeable in corporate sustainability, CSR, international development, and the social impact space
- Understanding of integrated marketing planning and execution, across a range of tactics and media
- Experience with international and underserved markets, where internet bandwidth speeds can be limited, and/or language and cultures vary
- Bachelor's in Communications Design or related field
- Work collaboratively: We are a non–profit organization that operates like a business. Collaboration and co-creation are in our DNA—we'll look for it to be in yours.
- Takes initiative and is self-motivated: You have an intrinsic sense of ownership and drive to get things done. We'll support you in your growth—and we can give you projects and count on you to execute with creativity, excellence, and initiative.
- Manage the brand and sweat the small stuff: On this team, all of us focus on strategy and execution. Therefore, it's important to be detail-oriented. You cross the i's and dot the t's.
- Get things done with style and grace: You are assertive, yet diplomatic. You address conflict directly. We are fans of the Radical Candor approach.
- Bring creativity and analysis: You bring a unique creative voice that helps us imagine our next chapter. You think analytically and out of the box.
- Coach and communicate: You have soft skills to work with operations and client teams with varying knowledge levels of Communications. You appreciate and grow from feedback.