Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Location: [If remote] Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. This role is completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
As a member of the user experience team, you'll drive the understanding of user behavior, motivations and experiences with Reddit. You'll partner with our product and design teams to understand users and how we can improve their experiences. As a usability, you'll be responsible for leading usability-focused research studies across the consumer and international teams that drive changes in product design and strategy.
You'll investigate user behavior and user needs using qualitative research methods including interviews, journey mapping, concept testing. The ideal candidate will be able to combine their skills in research design and qualitative interviewing and analysis to improve the user experience.
- Design and execute on unmoderated and moderated usability testing
- Lead communication and collaboration with cross-functional partners, including consumer insights, data science, design, product/program management, etc.
- Develop research deliverables that achieve business and product impact.
- 2+ years of professional experience conducting user research
- BA/BS in Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Behavioral Science, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, related fields, or equivalent experience within a product-centric environment
- Previous experience conducting remote research
- Previous experience conducting international research and working on products with global impact
- Understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different quantitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly to turn around high-quality research insights; can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible, adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Experience working in ambiguity and complex cross-functional collaborations.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Usability Researcher
Job tags: Quantitative Analytics, Cross-functional Team Leadership
location or timezone
posted62 days ago