Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a member of the Strategic Analytics team, you will be focused on ensuring product reliability by leveraging big data. We're looking for people with the curiosity to find opportunity and provide direction from the data available to us. You will be working with business, product and device data and will be expected to find clarity in the noise. In this role you will work with leaders across the company and will be expected to:
- Strategize - Understand the needs of many stakeholders in order to provide the best insights to quickly make decisions and provide a full view of our product reliability
- Analyze - Build actionable and clear metrics to allow leaders evaluate the products and business impacts
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision-making to run tests and ask questions as to how we could get more information to gain product health insights
What You'll Do:
- Complete deep dive data analysis on product and business problems
- Build product reliability metrics and asses financial impact
- Build product health dashboards and operational data tools in Tableau
- Use SQL to answer product questions,
- Document and communicate analysis and results to management
- Flesh out requirements and align with product and engineering team goals
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of analytical experience
- Technical curiosity with ability to clearly present their insights
- Enjoy solving loosely defined problems and good at evaluating where to spend time to drive the most value
- Strong technical skills with SQL and Python/R
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Strategic Analyst
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility