Staff Database Operations Engineer
Remote job description
Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale-Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter's early success. We've surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most-creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
- Own technical guidance for planning, design, development, integration, policies and testing of PostgreSQL production systems/databases.
- Responsible for understanding operational requirements including hardware, architecting, configuring, integrating monitoring, and maintaining mission-critical Production PostgreSQL databases.
- Responsible for all PostgreSQL configuration, backup, recovery, upgrading/patching and replication
- Experience on community-supported tools like Pgbadger, PGadmin, Pgpool, Pgbouncer.
- Experience with Database Migration tools like AWS SCT/DMS
- Continually improve database administration standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Design and implement automation solutions for routine tasks, system reporting, alerts, and notifications using custom scripts.
- Additionally, fulfilling requests, resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service-related reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance, monitoring) to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLA.
- Experience working on any Public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred.
- Experience of Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform or equivalent is good to have.
- Experience with automated schema evolution
- Knowledge of Linux operating system, local and cloud storage technologies and networking is good to have.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be/Have:
- 5 plus years of core DBA experience.
- Experience with PostgreSQL relational databases.
- Experience with PostgresQL on AWS RDS is preferred.
- Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL internals.
- Automation using Salt or similar tooling such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible is preferred.
- A deep understanding of database replication with experience in at least one replication technology.
- Experience with shell scripting is a must.
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD tools.
- Bachelor's in computer science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience mentoring more junior team members
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
You might work with:
- Kubernetes - our container runtime platform
- Work across our tech stack of AWS services, Kafka, S3, RDS and Elasticsearch
- SaltStack Platform
- Containerizing various services for deployment and packaging
- Improving our continuous integration and deployment systems
- Experience with RDS Proxy, Vitesse, pg_pool or pg_bouncer
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform
- Experience with DataDog, Logstash, FileBeats
- Experience working with APIs and third party SaaS providers
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We've rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it's in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we've moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
Company name: Iterable
Remote job title: Staff Database Operations Engineer
location or timezone
posted370 days ago