Staff Data Scientist Credit Risk
Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Staff Data Scientist to build the models that power the credit risk and fraud functions for the Motive Card, a key new focus area for Motive. The Motive Card is a corporate card natively integrated with a fleet management platform, giving businesses an all-in-one solution to automate their financial and physical operations. As a member of our team you'll help frame the problems, build models and products that win customers, and leverage machine learning at a massive scale to solidify Motive's technology lead in the connected fleet management space.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Risk, Product and Engineering teams to build, improve and implement underwriting and fraud models
- Derive insights from complex data sets to identify credit and fraud risk
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques on large datasets
- Evaluate the utility of non-traditional data sources
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, or Statistics
- 7+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- Expertise in applied probability and statistics
- Experience building credit risk and fraud models
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- End-to-end deployment data-driven model deployment experience
- Expertise in data-oriented programming (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., Python, R). PySpark experience is a big plus
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Staff Data Scientist Credit Risk
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility