Senior Research Analyst
Remote job description
We are a new investment management team in Revolut. Our mission is to manage corporate investments in marketable instruments. Our goal is to maximise profit within acceptable risk parameters through establishing scalable, highly automated investment management processes.
What you'll be doing
- Analysing potential investments in corporate, governmental, municipal bonds, structured products and other assets classes. monitoring economic trends and developments across asset classes, sectors and industries.
- Watching overall market behaviour, economic data and other related events.Analysing financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organisation is positioned to deliver for investors
- Keeping up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries
- Conducting due diligence on companies and industries by researching, reading financial statements and market data
- Considering how the economic implications of factors such as natural disasters, weather and wars might affect the performance of companies and funds
- Monitoring the financial news using specialist media sources
- Drafting and writing research reports for internal use
- Meeting with and providing information to fund managers; this might include summaries of research, investment ideas, key events from the proceeding day as well as key drivers for the day ahead
- Making recommendations to fund managers, being able to position ideas and articulate to the fund manager about the risk or payoff for each recommendation
- Creating reusable analytical financial models to automate the research processes
- Ensuring that all compliance regulations are met
What you need
- Five or more years of experience in a finance or business background, particularly on the quantitative side
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of deal structuring and closing principals
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Impeccable research, quantitative and analytical skills, especially in explaining market events.
- Strong financial modelling skills
A little about us...When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we've expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we're looking for...Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We're looking for people who align with our five core values: we believe that we Get it Done because we Think Deeper and are strongly rooted in the Dream Team. We Never Settle hence why we always Deliver Wow. You want to join a community of forward-thinking people - we are here for you. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you're not just another cog in the machine.
Biannual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Private health insurance
- Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
- Rest up with 29 days' holiday per year
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Senior Research Analyst
Job tags: fintech, forex