Senior Data Scientist, Reddit Talk
Remote job description
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings millions and millions of users together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Learn more about how we're evolving Reddit's workforce here.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work on our Reddit Talk team. Reddit Talk lets people have live audio conversations in their favorite communities. We have strong momentum with top subreddits hosting Talks ranging from AMAs (e.g., r/space with Chris Hadfield) to community conversations (e.g., r/dadjokes) attended by 10,000+ listeners. We've also built a community of moderators that we're working with closely to expand this product. Our vision is to make Talk the go-to surface for live conversations on Reddit in all formats and we are doubling the team to make this happen. As the Senior Data Scientist embedded on the team, you will be essential in helping us dig through the massive amounts of Reddit data and help to build one of Reddit's most exciting products with a best-in-class team and a tight-knit customer community.
How You'll Have Impact:
You'll be the expert in ensuring we understand what users are doing on the platform and what they would be willing to pay money for. You will help us make the right product decisions based on data insights, play with the massive amounts of data from one of the largest websites, and help define the culture and frameworks for future team members. Reddit sits in a unique place, where there is massive scale and yet there are still a lot of low hanging fruit opportunities that will immediately impact millions of users and make a visible difference in our business KPIs.
What You'll Learn:
You will work side by side with some of the best Data Scientists in the world, and will have exposure to everything and anything related to our communities at Reddit. You will also have access to one of the coolest data sets in the world (Reddit's).
What You'll Do:
- Lead proactive exploratory data analysis, distill data insights into strong product recommendations and own the A/B tests in order to ideate new opportunities.
- Partner with Eng and Product to define and execute Reddit Talk's roadmap and initiatives
- Define team metrics and goals and make them easily available through ETLs (extract/transform/load) and reporting dashboards
- Communicate findings and co-design strategy with the most senior leaders in our organization
- Mentor and guide data scientists from across the company on best practices, techniques, and thought processes
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in Data Science or Analytics function in a tech consumer company
- Proficiency with relational databases (e.g., SQL)
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and programming languages preferred (e.g., R / Python)
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and undefined problems. Experience with monetizing consumer products or paid digital goods preferred
- Demonstrated ability to ideate data research, distill insights into strong product recommendations and lead A/B tests to test the data-led hypotheses
- Experience creating and owning reports in visualization tools (Mode, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc)
- Experience working with senior cross-functional stakeholders (VP, C-level)
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Data Scientist, Reddit Talk
Job tags: Python, analytics, Power BI