Senior Data Scientist Personalisation
Remote job description
Data sits at the heart of Revolut and plays a uniquely crucial role in what we do. With data we build intelligent real-time systems to personalise our product, tackle financial crime, automate reporting, track team performances and enhance customer experiences.
Fundamentally, data underpins all operations at Revolut and being part of the team gives you the chance to have a major impact across the company - apply today to join our world class data department. Since 2015, Revolut has introduced over 20 million customers to a new way to handle their money. From instant spending notifications and built-in budgeting controls, to global currency exchange and stock trading, customers simply get more with Revolut.
We approach Data Science at Revolut the same way that we approach everything else. We take complex problems, and create extraordinary solutions that our customers love. From onboarding flows to new feature presentations, our goal is to both inform and delight. Put simply, we build things we want to use ourselves, that we're proud to show to our friends and families.
About the role
At Revolut we are building a financial super app to manage all things money and personalisation is one of the core principles on which our app is based. We firmly believe that the best way to serve our customers is to provide them with a truly personalised experience from the moment they decide to join.
We start with deep data analysis to understand our customers, their objectives and any issues they might have. We then use various data points and advanced machine learning algorithms, to come up with the best possible option for each client. We experiment, iterate and build fully automated solutions, based on algorithms which self-improve with time.
We are looking for talented Data Scientists to join our personalisation team and help us create the future of financial services apps. You will be working together with the strongest professionals in Product, Design, Data Science and Engineering on the projects which have direct customer impact and drive our company forward.
What you'll be doing
- Producing machine learning and statistical models to provide personalised experience to our customers
- Performing experiments and iterating
- Reviewing literature to identify and test modern approaches to personalisation
- Conducting deep-dive analysis to really understand complex problems
What you'll need
- Previous experience in a Data Science or Machine Learning based role
- Strong background / education in a quantitative discipline
- Great skills with Python, SQL or other programming languages
- Knowledge of version control, model deployment, developer environments
- Evidence of strong mathematical & statistics knowledge
Nice to have
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Masters or PhD)
- Strong experience with additional programming languages (such as: Java, Scala, C++...)
- Previous experience in personalisation, recommender systems and reinforcement learning
- Worked at a large tech company worth >$15B
- School/University Olympic medal competitions in: Physics, Maths, Economics or Programming
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary performance bonus (equity)
- All the latest tech you need
- Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
- By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Senior Data Scientist Personalisation
Job tags: fintech, forex