Senior Data Scientist, Growth
Remote job description
This is a remote position. The applicant can be anywhere in the country of the posting and must be eligible to work from there.
As a Data Scientist, you will lead the charge on building our data science infrastructure and driving insights that lead to step-function improvements in how we operate. We handle millions of tasks for businesses looking to scale their ML development, and we're looking for a talented data science leader to help us understand it all in the service of building better products. In this role, you will apply statistical models, design and interpret experiments, build mission-critical dashboards, and help structure and order our data in the pursuit of transparency over how we operate and how we can improve.
- Own end-to-end product analytics workflow including formulating success metrics, socializing them across the organization, and creating dashboards/reports.
- Ensure product areas are performing in line with our high expectations and be able to identify, diagnose, and recommend projects to improve our performance.
- Influence product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations.
- Identify operational efficiencies to the business that will enable Scale to continue growing sustainably.
- Design, run, and analyze experiments.
- Apply statistical models to identify root causes and predict the future performance of tasks, users, and products.
- Apply machine learning or statistical models to solve various business problems, provide insights or solve prediction problems.
- Conduct statistical and trend analysis to identify opportunities, highlight strengths, and provide recommended corrective actions.
Ideally you'd have:
- 3+ years of industry experience in product data science broadly
- Strong proficiency in writing complex SQL queries
- Mastery with data science tools such as Python (strongly preferred) or R.
- Experience with statistical modeling and experimental design
- A detail-oriented and analytical mindset, with emphasis on accuracy
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how machine learning can build innovative products. Our products provide access to human-powered data for hundreds of use cases and are used by industry leaders such as Open AI, Lyft, GM, Samsung, Airbnb, NVIDIA, and many more. We've recently raised $325 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $7B+ and are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.
Company name: Scale
Remote job title: Senior Data Scientist, Growth
Job tags: api, software