Senior Data Scientist Commercial
Remote job description
We're a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there's still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
From reviews to behaviours to internal systems, at Trustpilot we truly have big data. And, in our Commercial Data Science team, we're focused on transforming that data into actionable insight and smart models to improve our business processes. That means converting information into insight and understanding, helping commercial teams identify opportunities and transforming the way that we do business via data.
We are seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Commercial Data Science team, to develop models that transform our decision-making, support our routes to market and translate into data-driven features for our commercial systems. You will have the opportunity to work with other data scientists, data analysts and data engineers on solving problems that ensure we pursue the very best business outcomes. You will collaborate with stakeholders including Business Systems, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to develop, deploy and maintain innovative models at scale that tackle some of the most interesting operational problems within our business and have a real impact on our commercial model.
To succeed in this role you will have a strong technical background as a Data Scientist, an adaptable mindset, and excellent knowledge of the interface between data science and engineering. You should have the ability to translate complex outputs into business insights, and you must enjoy interacting with stakeholders to share and interpret the outputs of your work. We are looking for someone with experience of advanced analytics and ML models - for example scoring, attribution, and forecasting - and with experience of translating the output of AI algorithms into human-friendly formats. Prior experience of working in an interdisciplinary team and with data from online services and commercial systems will be a big plus.
In your role:
- You will be involved in some of our most exciting Data Science projects: from pattern recognition and trend analysis through to scoring models and forecasting
- You will be joining a small team of Data Scientists in the same business area, and will work cross-functionally on key initiatives to deliver results
- You will deliver the Data Science component of key projects, focussed in our Growth strategic focus area
- You will engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You will own, maintain and deploy production-ready advanced analytical and ML models
- Using your existing knowledge of model deployment and maintenance, and working with ML engineers, you will develop and maintain the analytical models needed within our commercial systems
- You'll be joining a friendly, international, team of like-minded people based in central Edinburgh, with flexible working options available
We are looking for:
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience in a Data Science role, preferably in the technology sector or in a technical consultancy
- Experience with analytical and quantitative problem solving using advanced statistical techniques and ML methods for online content, e.g. sequence analysis, forecasting, trend analysis, scoring (retention, attribution, clustering)
- An innovative approach to problem solving: an ability to turn abstract ideas into concrete solutions, and comfortable with a degree of ambiguity
- Proven ability to deliver technical projects to a commercial organisation
- Experience in building and deploying advanced analytical & ML models at scale, and strong data engineering skills
- Ability in Python & SQL for data manipulation, modelling and scripting
- Experience of delivering production-ready code
- Experience of working with large datasets. Knowledge of the data generated by websites or in the eCommerce sector, behavioural analytics, and experience of working with data from commercial systems (e.g. Salesforce) is a big plus
- Knowledge of data pipelining (e.g. via Airflow) and prior experience of cloud-based ML model deployment
- Great communication skills - both with technical colleagues and with business stakeholders
- A minimum BA/BSc degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related quantitative degree
Trustpilot's growth has been exponential - from a successful IPO to building out new teams, we never stop working hard to fulfil our mission to create better experiences for everyone through our platform. Our Data Scientists work within our Trust, Product and Commercial areas to build models from data that safeguard trust, support great products, deliver insights and transform our business processes.
- "20% time" - be the most innovative you can be
- The opportunity to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great opportunity to transform our business by applying the state of the art in Data Science
- The opportunity to work with leading data engineering technologies including Google BigQuery, Airflow and AWS, and with leading Data Science tools and emerging technologies for model building and deployment
- Opportunities to develop your career in a friendly, diverse, international, team & workplace
- Flexible working
- Two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
At Trustpilot, we're passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we're a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we're a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.
Company name: Trustpilot
Remote job title: Senior Data Scientist Commercial
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, retail