Senior Data Scientist, Advertiser Optimization Analytics
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Advertising is Reddit's primary revenue driver and we have an ambitious goal to turn it into a massive business. Although several large digital ad platforms already exist, advertisers are being increasingly drawn to Reddit because of our passionate communities. We believe our community-centric platform has created the opportunity for Reddit to build a highly differentiated ads business.
We are looking for a results-oriented and strategically minded Product Data Scientist to work with our Advertiser Optimization product team on launching new products to improve ad performance and advertiser ROI . You will partner closely with cross functional team members such as Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, etc. in utilizing data to drive product strategy and unlock novel ways to drive ad performance.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
If helping Reddit's advertising business reach the next level excites you, then you've found the right place. We're a company with one of the highest employee : user ratios in the industry, giving you a tremendous opportunity for both scope & impact.
How You'll Have Impact:
- Partner with the product engineering team working on Advertiser Optimization. Providing thought partnership on products like Auto-Bidding, Budget Pacing, and Ad Level Optimization.
- Collaborate with product teams on all aspects of development - everything from product ideation to experiment analysis to KPI reporting
- Drive product-oriented research projects to identify new opportunities for the Advertiser Optimization team to pursue
- Organize data by designing table schemas, data pipelines, aggregations, alerts and general data infrastructure for the Ads Organization.
- Be an integral part of the Data Org (consisting of Data Science, Data Engineering, Experimentation, and Core ML), leveraging and contributing to the vibrant knowledge base, shared across a community of world-class data experts.
What You'll Do:
- Act as an owner by partnering with the Advertiser Optimization team on product development
- Become an expert on advertiser optimization at Reddit - designing & analyzing experiments to test improvements to optimization algorithm
- Build KPI reporting & ETLs to track the performance of Reddit's Advertiser Optimization team
- Learn about Reddit's ad optimization & ranking algorithms and research how they could be improved
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers to develop go to market strategies and drive product adoption
- Partner with the Ads Engineering team to understand new data & schemas and ensure the data we log in new ads products is accurate
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Influence and guide product strategy with data
- Able to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists and share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Strong ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical & non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) and statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)
- Proficiency with dashboarding tools (e.g. Mode Analytics, Tableau, Looker)
- Experience in online advertising & ads marketplaces
Our Commitment to DEI At Reddit, we evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Senior Data Scientist, Advertiser Optimization Analytics
Job tags: analytics, Product Strategy, databases
location or timezone
posted84 days ago