Senior Data Engineer
Remote job description
Apollo.io combines a buyer database of over 250M contacts and powerful sales engagement and automation tools in one, easy to use platform. Trusted by over 160,000 companies including Autodesk, Rippling, Deel, Jasper.ai, Divvy, and Heap, Apollo has more than one million users globally. By helping sales professionals find their ideal buyers and intelligently automate outreach, Apollo helps go-to-market teams sell anything.
In the last year, we've grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, and closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital in March of 2022. This year, we continue to grow faster each month with record months of sales and added ARR. We hope you apply.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
Your Role & MissionAs a Data Engineer you will be working closely with the Data Catalog (Product) team, you will be responsible for building and maintaining Apollo's massive dataset of ~250 million people and ~50 million organisations (and continuously growing).
Daily Adventures and Responsibilities- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build new integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Understand the Data Catalog stack at Apollo and continuously improve it
- Run Analysis on Apollo's huge dataset of people and organisation to generate meaningful insights on data quality/coverage issues and propose forthcoming improvements
- Write efficient algorithms that run over Apollo's dataset to improve Data Quality/coverage
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available
- Build systems that help Apollo continuously improve its contacts data
- Define company data models and write jobs to populate data models in our data warehouse
- Work closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop a strategy for long-term data platform architecture
Competencies- Enjoys analyzing data and generating insights but has also worked in production systems
- Excellent communication skills to work with engineering, product and business owners to develop and define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Inquisitive, able to ask questions and dig deeper
- Organised, diligent, and great attention to detail
- Acts with the utmost integrity
- Genuinely curious and open; loves learning
- Critical thinking and proven problem-solving skills required
Skills & Relevant Experience
Required:- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Physical / Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics / Statistics) ? Experience in data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Strong system design fundamentals and experience building scalable systems
- 4+ years experience in data engineering/data analysis or a similar role
- Good to have exposure to some application level coding, writing micro-services
- Experience using the Python data stack
- Experience deploying and managing data pipelines in the cloud
- Expertise in a high level programming language like Java, Python, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Sidekiq
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Senior Data Engineer
Job tags: Python, Scalable Architecture, ETL