Senior Data Engineer
Remote job description
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built's platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we're proud to have been named one of Forbes' Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean's 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the "best talent in the world" is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory-and we want you to be part of it.
Built is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to help organize and manage existing data resources, implement new technologies and tooling to quickly onboard new clients and lenders, as well as help drive scalable data sharing practices. You will own ETL processes, data environments, integrate with new technologies, and oversee the development of new processes that support teams across the entire organization. You will gather requirements through direct interaction with the product team, business partners, and software development teams. You will help steer the direction of our constantly evolving system to enable scale and deliver quality for our clients, both internal and external. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. You will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
In this Role, You Will:
- Assist in the collection, organization, security, and availability of data at Built
- Create dynamic ETL process for client pipelines to allow automated conversation of client data
- Help automate process that integrate well with our infrastructure and making synergistic efforts with other internal AWS toolings.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver data pipelines and ETL workflows for internal and external customers
- Ensure that data pipeline processes and workflows are performing as expected for current and future reporting needs
- Help design internal metrics that provide observability into the data collection and transformation processes
- Work with teammates to ensure standard engineering processes are followed
- Actively seek opportunities to mentor teammates and be mentored by your teammates
- Work with principal engineers and other teams to move larger engineering initiatives forward
- Act as the example to which other engineers aspire to become professionally and culturally
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Data Engineering, and ETL experience
- 5+ years of professional working experience with Python and modern Python packages, tooling, development, and testing
- Experience with cloud hardware provisioning, forecasting usage, and managing to a budget
- Experience with Linux/UNIX
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with AWS with an understanding of their offerings (Athena, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Kinesis, Redshift, Lambda, S3, EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- Experience with security standards like symmetric and asymmetric encryption, virtual private clouds, IP whitelisting, LDAP authentication, and other methods
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress
- Data Lakes (particularly AWS Glue, S3, and Athena)
- Containers (particularly Docker, AWS Fargate, EKS, ECS)
- Data Pipeline/ETL tools (particularly Luigi, Airflow, and Glue)
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines-and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it's our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we're committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
Company name: Built
Remote job title: Senior Data Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, software