Senior Business Analyst/QA
Remote job description
We're Aspire, the leading SaaS provider for commercial landscaping, snow and ice removal, and janitorial businesses. Recently acquired by ServiceTitan, the world's leading provider of software for the trades, our cloud-based business management system enables contractors to grow their business, streamline operations, provide insights, and ultimately impress their customers. When you join our team, you'll be a part of one of the fastest-growing companies in St. Louis, with an award-winning culture that's been celebrated by the St. Louis Business Journal and Inc. Magazine. Trusted by over 70,000 users across thousands of locations, our software helps clients manage upwards of $4.5B in revenue. Our new partnership with ServiceTitan will enable us to continue scaling our platform and customer base while maintaining our collaborative, tight-knit culture right here in the heart of St. Louis.
Ready to make your career move?
The Senior QA Software Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, collaborating, understanding, and documenting the application/service functionality. In this role, you will gain system knowledge through collaboration with subject matter experts on the engineering, product, and support teams to analyze systems from a business perspective and create both technical and non-technical documents.
As the first Senior QA Software Analyst with Aspire, you will be expected to represent your team in a positive manner both within and outside of your department. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and detail oriented individual that consistently demonstrates personal ownership of tasks, projects, and job performance.
What You Will Do:
- You will actively investigate, analyze, collaborate, understand, and document the application/service functionality.
- You will also field questions regarding our system functionality and may be asked to research and present information in response to questions related to business needs.
- You may participate in testing, identifying potential problems and researching opportunities to minimize complexity.
- As a member of this area, you will be expected to represent your team in a positive manner both within and outside of your department.
- You will collaborate with other analysts, engineers, and architects to provide recommendations for implementing bug fixes and enhancements for new business capabilities.
- Create, develop, and execute detailed test cases.
- Create and develop detailed specifications.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IT as a Quality Analyst, Software Analyst, Business Analyst or similar role.
- 5+ years of SQL experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing test plans and test scenarios.
- 2+ years experience creating and managing documentation.
- Must have proven experience in communicating and collaborating with all levels of management.
- Must possess initiative, results-oriented drive and a solid work ethic requiring minimal direction.
- Ability to triage issues, identify root cause and conduct investigation into problems as needed.
- Familiarity with regression testing, release testing, and/or troubleshooting system issues
- Ability to clearly document complex business processes to the lowest level.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as communication skills (both written and oral).
- Ability to communicate detailed information with analysts, developers, and other support teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with ability to multitask and meet timelines.
- Strong teamwork and leadership abilities in a collaborative environment.
- Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of JIRA/Confluence or another Project Tracking System
- Basic knowledge of object-oriented services, C#, and relational databases
- Knowledge of testing methodologies including Agile and Scrum approaches
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio/Miro ( or other diagramming software)
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Senior Business Analyst/QA
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb