Senior Analyst Marketing Strategy
Remote job description
About the Team
GOAT Group represents the leading platforms for authentic sneakers, apparel and accessories. With rapid growth, a community of over 40M members, and facilities and offices around the world, come join us and help drive our continued global expansion.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Marketing Strategy and Insights team to drive business growth across the GOAT Group network of brands-GOAT, Flight Club and alias. An integral part of the Marketing department, you'll partner with Finance, Product, CX, Business Development, Analytics, Data Science and Growth teams to support marketing strategic planning and high impact initiatives across the business. In this highly visible role, you'll distill data into insights and validate opportunities that will help shape the future of the company. Working with market leading technology, you'll make the complex, simple; the unimaginable, tangible; the futuristic, realistic.
The ideal candidate is highly-technical, skilled at unstructured problem solving, possesses a strong operational mindset, interacts effectively with stakeholders at all levels and thrives in an ever-evolving environment. You are an innovative thinker and able to synthesize data from multiple sources to identify unmet needs and recommend creative solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Support strategic planning and lead analytics projects related to marketing including but not limited to long range planning, go-to-market strategy, consumer insights, segmentation, opportunity evaluation, competitive intelligence and modeling/sensitivity analysis.
- Conduct hands-on analysis identifying, retrieving, compiling and analyzing large, complex datasets from different sources to distill insights, recommendations and actionable next steps based on your findings.
- Become an expert in our data; work with relational databases, author queries, and learn and understand a range of data resources, including knowing when and how to utilize each.
- Determine the viability of new opportunities through rigorous quantitative analysis.
- Craft stories with data and clearly communicate (written and verbal) your findings through succinct summaries and data visualizations.
- Design dashboards to support ongoing projects, quick analyses and high-level reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer behavior and economics, and product profitability through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Support market research initiatives, with the potential to lead projects from start to finish.
- Develop executive-ready presentations and support team reporting on an ad-hoc and regular basis.
- Manage multiple initiatives at once and prioritize based on business needs and urgency.
We are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of experience with demonstrated success in using data analysis to drive and influence decision-making. Experience managing or mentoring others is a plus.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analysis skills, with an emphasis on consumer insights. Primary research experience is a plus.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience with relational databases and query authoring.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Mode, Looker, Snowflake, or similar platforms, database warehouse software, and data visualization tools.
- Experience working at the cross-section of business, marketing and product strategy, with a demonstrated understanding of core marketing and strategy concepts.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Curiosity and self-motivation to dig deeper into data, work independently, and drive impactful insights.
- Strong methodical skills and experience with unstructured problem-solving and navigating ambiguity.
- Prior experience in consulting, technology companies, eCommerce, B2B2C, or marketplaces apps a plus.
- Bachelor degree with a major in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Commerce, another quantitative field, or equivalent experience. Master's or an advanced degree is a plus.
GOAT is the global platform for the greatest products from the past, present and future. Since its founding in 2015, GOAT has become the leading and most trusted sneaker marketplace in the world. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company offers styles across various time periods on its digital platforms and in its retail locations, while delivering products to over 30 million members across 170 countries.
Established in New York City over 15 years ago, Flight Club revolutionized sneaker retail as the original consignment store for rare shoes. Carrying the rarest exclusives and collectible sneakers, Flight Club has evolved from a one-stop sneaker destination, to a cultural hub for sneaker enthusiasts and novices alike. With three brick-and-mortar locations in New York City, Los Angeles and Miami, Flight Club remains the premier source for authentic, rare sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including D1 Capital Partners, Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
We encourage you to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement. We look for people who are passionate about what we do, not just those who check off all the boxes.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Company name: GOAT
Remote job title: Senior Analyst Marketing Strategy
Job tags: e-commerce, marketplace, fashion & luxury