Principal Software Architect, Data & AI
Remote job description
Ready to be a Titan?
Reporting to the VP of Data, this role is crucial for ServiceTitan's next phase of growth and scale. We are sitting on an incredibly rich set of functionality and customer use cases that ServiceTitan will need to continue to enhance, build anew and scale 10X. For this upcoming phase of our continued growth, our data assets (including customer data, transactional logs and externally procured data from partners and web) will need to be productively harnessed to deliver tremendous incremental value to our customers using Analytics, Recommendations and automation and IoT oriented AI solutions. As an initiation of ServiceTitan's commitment to advancement in data and AI, we recently launched our Analytics and AI products:
Titan Intelligence (https://www.servicetitan.com/blog/titan-intelligence-announcement)
As we continue to build our Data and ML muscle to deliver the promise of helping our customers unleash the power of their data and bring the trades industry at AI parity with other technology enabled industries, we seek to add an industry leading architect with deep technical expertise in Data Infrastructure, Data Pipelines, Data Lakes, ML Infrastructure, productionalizing ML workflows and expertise in Deep Learning approaches and solutions. This hands-on role will blend a passion for data systems, data science, ML and AI with the engineering rigor required to implement a machine learning platform to enable the data and AI lifecycle at ServiceTitan.
This leader will be both a technical visionary and a product enthusiast identifying and deploying modern Data Processing, AI techniques to key customer value delivering opportunities across our products. This role is for a thought leader and practitioner who will help build a world class Data and ML infrastructure, practice and team @ ServiceTitan.
What you'll do:
- Design and Lead the development of ServiceTitan data fabric including ETL and data movement technology, Data Lakehouse and Real-time in product Analytics solutions.
- Design and lead the development of ServiceTitan AI Infrastructure including MLOps, in-product model inference and offline and nearline model training systems.
- Assess build/buy opportunities for deploying NLP, Chatbots and Image recognition technologies to power several use cases within the ServiceTitan product suite.
- Key leader within the newly instituted "Technical Architecture Group" for the company including advising, aligning, and streamlining key decisions for shared technology in partnership with Engineering management and Principal Architects.
- Unifying our vision and aligning all engineers around a focused set of architectural principles.
- Key hands-on code laden ownership of a few crucial components of our data and AI technical stack.
- Work closely with Recruiting - in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Frequently present at public venues including internal technology sessions, conferences, executive meetings and customer briefings explaining our technology, product and stack.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, engineers, Product Managers, customers, and partners
- A key mentor and guide for data scientists, data and ML engineers.
- Participate in technical calibration sessions.
- Contribute to the roadmap and resource planning.
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of industry experience, including with large scale enterprise web/saas applications
- Technical knowledge and experience in areas of :
- Data Lake technologies including Snowflake, Delta Lake,
- Data streaming and ETL/ELT systems including Kafka, Integrate.io, FiveTran, Nifi etc.
- Expert knowledge of modern day big-date processing systems like Spark, Storm, Flink etc.
- Expert knowledge of
- Machine Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch
- AutoML frameworks like PyCaret
- ML benches like BigML, H2O, AzureML etc.
- Working knowledge of Deep Learning theory and techniques.
- Extensive experience in deploying large scale ML systems in mission critical software products
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other) preferred. (Java based stack experience acceptable with a keen adaptability for new technologies.)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, IDEs, JIRA and other tools that are typically used by developers on Microsoft technology stack.
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools (TeamCity or similar).
- Experience with Kubernetes, Functions/Serverless computing, Distributed messaging systems (Kafka, Event Hubs, SQS etc), Data Lakehouse architectures (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks Delta) and API gateways will be crucial to the success of this role.
- Ability to empathize with our users and champion their experience.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and develop blueprint codebases for cornerstone technical systems.
- Exceptional communication skills including interpersonal as well as public speaking. Ability to present and communicate vision is paramount for the success of this role.
- A talent magnet, this leader will bring the best and the brightest to the best vertical SaaS product company for the trades industry.
- A non-negotiable need for this role will be a high EQ and a strong inclination to build a highly effective, diverse team where all members feel respected, included and can bring their whole self to the job.
- BA/BS Computer Science or a related discipline. MS/PhD highly desirable from a top-tier university.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn't about checking every box on a list. It's about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we're solving. We're in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you're not just accepting a job. You're making a career move. Here's how we'll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
- Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
- Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 90% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
- Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Company name: ServiceTitan
Remote job title: Principal Software Architect, Data & AI
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb