Manager, Business Operations
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart's Business Operations (BizOps) team helps the business set direction, surface opportunities for growth & efficiency, and solve the company's toughest cross-functional problems. This is a rare opportunity to impact a high-growth company that's already changing the way people feed their households. You will gain high visibility into Instacart's Product, Data Science, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Business Development teams.
The Manager of Business Operations will focus on Instacart's marketplace and fulfillment capabilities. You will be the primary point of contact for our leadership team on critical questions related to Instacart's near and long-term success. You will need to balance multiple priorities (growth, efficiency, quality, just to name a few), and consider various stakeholders (retailers, customers, and shoppers). Each week will bring you a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data-driven outcomes -- you will have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work and earning the gratitude of your peers while growing your career and learning the ins-and outs of a leading marketplace.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead critical cross-functional initiatives for BizOps, with the goal of identifying strategic growth opportunities and driving operational improvements around fulfillment technology and marketplace efficiency.
- Identify and triage multiple priorities, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your experience leveraging data for business impact.
- Design sustainable solutions, while persuading and aligning various stakeholders during change management initiatives of your own, turning your strategic recommendations into reality.
- Develop a rigorous and detailed understanding of Instacart's P&L across multiple dimensions to understand critical drivers and develop insights.
- Serve as the primary cross-functional liaison between Instacart's Product, Data Science, Operations, and Finance teams.
- Foster a culture of excellence, while identifying and actively looking for opportunities to develop and grow a team within BizOps.
- 8+ years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated experience hiring and managing high-performing teams, executing cross-functional projects, and a track record of leveraging data for business impact. Experience with marketplace business models or fulfillment/logistics is a plus.
- A history of identifying and developing business cases for strategic growth opportunities and operational improvements and executing projects from proposal to implementation
- Polished communication skills and comfort working with internal and external stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing process improvement projects and improving business metrics in a resource-constrained environment.
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and consider all stakeholder needs.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Manager, Business Operations
Job tags: Supply Chain Management, Process Improvement, logistics