Junior Data Engineer
We're a brand on a journey. An evolution, an ambitious growth trajectory, maximising our potential… whatever you want to call it, we're going through it. It's exhilarating, and we have a lot of ideas (some excellent, some less so), but we now need you, a Junior Data Engineer, who can help flatfair to become the Operating System for renting.
As a Data Engineer you'll be involved not only in the IT side of our data warehouse but also on the data analysis. Data Engineers will extract data from multiple sources and load it into our Data Warehouse to then analyse it together with the Business Analysts. They will be supported by Product Engineers on monitoring production data pipelines and quality. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insights and insights into business decisions.
We've closed an $11m funding round which was led by Index Ventures - the investor behind firms like Facebook, Slack and Deliveroo. Join us and help us make the most out of this incredible opportunity.
What you'll do:
- Work together with the Product Engineers to extract data from the application DB - and other data sources like Zendesk and Hubspot
- Ensure timeliness and quality of data by maintaining and developing out ETL's
- Respond to ad hoc reporting requests
- Define reporting methodologies and build dashboards and reports using our cutting edge business intelligence platform, Looker
- Work with other business units to meet their reporting needs
- Advanced SQL and Python usage and experience with Snowflake
- Proven working experience to maintain and develop data pipelines
Good to have:
An understanding of Looker and LookML to build explores, models and views
What's in it for you:
- Flexibility: We want you to be your own leader and encourage an autonomous and flexible work style right across the business
- Socials: We like to bring everyone together for a weekly team lunch, regular social events and get-togethers in a fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fruits and drinks - once it is safe to do so
- Holiday: 25 days' holiday a year (plus UK public holidays), and we encourage you to use them all up!
- Learning and training: We'll contribute towards training courses and conferences that help you learn and grow professionally and personally
- Personal development: Following a motivating career path, we value growth from within and encourage people to step up
Junior Data Engineer
Tags: license fees