Employee Experience & Events Manager
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Employee Experience Team
At Thumbtack, we believe in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything.
The Employee Experience team within the People/HR organization builds meaningful employee experiences for all Thumbtackers globally within the framework of our virtual-first, not virtual-only work model. Our function leads Thumbtack's Future of Work program management and drives most elements of this model, including Real Estate & Workplace, Communities, Virtual Connection & Ways of Working, and Travel, Off-sites & Events.
Our mission is to curate an incredible company culture and enhance employee wellbeing and connectedness by fostering an inclusive environment where all employees have opportunities to connect and build strong bonds with their peers in meaningful and memorable ways. We enhance the employee experience globally through team events and in-person gatherings, recognition, employee perks, and creating an authentic sense of belonging and community at Thumbtack.
About the Role
Thumbtack believes in the power of virtual-first work to unlock a fundamentally better employee experience - empowering employees to work from anywhere while growing their careers at Thumbtack.
Virtual-first work as a day-to-day model allows us to operate as a unified team, maximizing impact regardless of location. Simultaneously, our virtual-first work vision is grounded in the belief that in-person connections, and events, and team off-sites for our distributed workforce are the backbone for forming meaningful bonds, developing new relationships, building a strong sense of community & culture, and ultimately - building a stronger Thumbtack. We are virtual first, not virtual only!
The individual in this role will bring our Future of Work vision to life by curating connections for Thumbtack employees through memorable in-person and virtual events, multi-day Team Off-sites for Thumbtack employees in addition to supporting the overall experience of employees through our EX scope of work.
This role will report directly to our Head of Employee Events and work collaboratively with stakeholders across the business to provide overall events support & production. This includes: ideation, process management, content & programming, customer support, managing travel programs, communications, and more!
This role will also contribute to the other pillars of the Employee Experience function in partnership with our global team as appropriate. While this role is based in and primarily focused on our Philippines' (PH) employee experience, there will be global support required, where appropriate, and many opportunities for cross collaboration across multiple time zones as this role is part of a global EX team.
Our event sizes and scope may range from 10-1,000+ attendees, including events and off-sites at varying levels from leadership only to function-wide and curated and produced all company retreats. Typical size is approximately 350 people.
Please note: Our events are in-person. This role will require quarterly domestic travel, including in-person attendance at Thumbtack events.
- Own the events lifecycle from ideation to project planning, coordination of event logistics, budget management, execution and post-event reporting.
- Manage relationships with event agency, vendors, and/or internal cross functional partners on all aspects of event production including but not limited to: communications, registration, travel and expenses, accommodations, staffing, F&B, programming and content.
- Set up systems and processes to keep projects organized, on track, and with operational efficiency, and analyze event data and impact to propose new ideas and tools/software, as needed.
- Be the front lines for our EX team in managing all customer support forums and channels for our employees .
- Partner with the rest of the global EX team and cross functional partners on other experience initiatives such as Local Communities, holiday parties, company culture & ways of working, rewards & recognition, workplace experience, virtual connection & engagement, and more.
- Ensure alignment on global direction and initiatives and provide visibility across multiple stakeholders and partners across the business.
- Serve as a leader within the PH region, sitting on the TPH Leadership Council and driving meaningful programs and change in the PH region.
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 10+ years professional experience, preferably in People programs and/or employee experience, with a 5+ years of direct experience successfully managing and producing large and small scale events and off-sites for employees (100-300 people).
- An effective multi-tasker who successfully navigates a fast-paced environment and multiple priorities and ensures global visibility despite timezone challenges.
- Meticulous attention to detail and time management skills, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building and communication skills, both spoken and written, with a flair for writing events communications and Slacks that are both informative and fun/engaging and using G-Suite programs to convey ideas and execute program/event management.
- Possesses an owner/driver mentality and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves ?" executing events onsite with agility, a can-do attitude and a customer-service mindset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced or high-growth tech company with regionally & globally distributed teams, in particular, experience working with teams in the United States & Canada, and a strong understanding of how to curate successful cross-continent working relationships.
- A proactively collaborative and inclusive culture carrier, with a genuine passion for the employee experience and for curating memorable & meaningful in-person experiences for your colleagues.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience using multimedia to create engaging content (video, graphics, etc.)
- Experience with the following tools and systems: Slack, Coupa, IronClad, Google Forms
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.
* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Employee Experience & Events Manager
Job tags: Attention to Detail, Communication Skills, Event Management