Director, Insights & UX Research
Remote job description
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
As Director, Insights & UX Research, you'll build and lead a research team from the ground up to drive product and experience strategy across Fast products through human-centered insights. You'll define critical customer insights, develop strategic content, define research needs, heavily influence our product roadmap, while driving innovative solutions.
You'll be a beacon of leadership throughout the company, bringing strong viewpoints around research's role in the strategic and day-to-day decision-making process, continuing to define what research is (and isn't) at Fast, while building a team of creative, talented and diverse researchers.
- Build and execute practical, impact-focused qualitative and quantitative research throughout the product lifecycle
- Translate business questions into research and analytical plans, utilizing the most appropriate methodology to yield the most relevant and actionable insights
- Support, attract, maintain & coach a growing team of high-impact researchers and analysts over time
- Establish best practices, tools and resources that are scalable
- Ability to build partnerships across various functions with strong influencing and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalentMA/MS/PhD, human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in a management role creating strategy and conducting research.
- Experience with design systems or design tools
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Experience working in a production environment with high velocity and volume of shipping products
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Interest and/or interested in the payments, e-commerce, payments or identity industry
- Experience with both consumer and B2B/SAAS business models, customers and product funnels
- Experience working on international products
Benefits of Fast
We are an early stage, well-funded company with an innovative engineering and product culture, who prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, and equity as part of our competitive compensation package.
Do you like snacks? So do we. Every month we curate new companies and products, and share with all employees, regardless of location.
Also- we have fabulous swag, including the infamous Fast Hoodie (with its own Twitter following).
Job title: Director, Insights & UX Research