Director, BPO Operations
Remote job description
Healthcare is going through an unprecedented transformation towards digital care. Medallion provides the critical administrative infrastructure to make that change possible. Our platform enables organizations to license their providers in new states, verify existing credentials, and get in-network with health plans. In just over two years, we've launched our platform, built an all-star team, powered hundreds of great companies, and served thousands of healthcare providers across the industry. To date, Medallion has saved over 250,000 administrative hours for our customers!
Founded in 2020, Medallion has raised $85M from world-class investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, Optum Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role:
As Medallion continues to grow, we're looking for a passionate team member to lead our BPO operations and effectively manage the day-to-day operation of and relationships with multiple sites/vendors in a provider health-related environment (payer enrollment, licensing, credentialing, etc.)
We're looking for someone who has the ability to act tactically as well as strategically, possesses extensive work experience related to task-based efficiency/quality metrics (KPI's), and a demonstrated ability to drive results across a variety of workstreams. Relatedly, we need someone who is extremely comfortable conducting ongoing performance analysis and is able to identify and articulate meaningful opportunities with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as ultimately define and implement subsequent action plans.
- Responsible for leading BPO RFP and setup process end to end (sourcing, site selection, contract negotiation/structuring, pilot design, integration)
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day performance of outsourced operations for our various operations pillars, ensuring overall quality levels are being delivered.
- Regularly visit vendor sites for relationship building, performance reviews and to assess overall program health; from employee experience to processes and best-practices.
- Responsible for analyzing data with vendors to drive changes if needed, improving operational processes, identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies to reduce costs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to properly manage expectations on performance, business requirements and overall service delivery, holding vendors accountable for overall performance execution.
- Understand reporting needs and request appropriate data analysis on metrics performance for internal stakeholders
- Serve as the primary point of contact for issues related to overall vendor performance and quality to effectively resolve escalations and provide solutions to vendors.
- Identify opportunities for processes and best-practices adoption, develop and adjust SOPs to align with high level organization/company goals.
- Orchestrate efforts from internal and outsourced teams to conduct and engage in meaningful conversations during weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Establish and solidify business plans and roadmaps as it pertains to recruiting, hiring, training and product knowledge management (vendor management governance)
- Set vendors up for success by advocating for them when needed and ensuring their feedback is heard and prioritized to drive procedure and tooling improvements.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8+ years of work experience managing BPO operations as client and/or vendor.
- Experience in a provider-health related environment (payer enrollment, licensing, credentialing)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; proven experience of influencing other teams/groups where their support is critical to success.
- An amazing team player, understanding cultural barriers and bridging business gaps.
- Solid Project Management experience and ability to oversee multiple projects at once.
- Strong analytics and reporting background, with the ability to build scorecards/dashboards independently.
- An ability to identify upstream blockers, prioritize solutions and communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (5-10% of the year)
- In-depth expertise in contact center forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning.
- Previous experience launching and implementing new outsourced operations, ideally in a global - offshore location
- Previous work experience developing and implementing process redesigns transitioning from current-state to future-state on a global delivery model.
- Experience in negotiating complex contracts, preferably with global BPOs and proven track record in outsourcing benchmarking and market analyses.
Company name: Medallion
Remote job title: Director, BPO Operations
Job tags: project management, BPO, analytics