Data Engineer Climate Tech
Remote job description
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions.
By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What's my impact?
- You will be supporting the Machine Learning team
- You'll scale up and optimise existing ML lifecycle processes (on both cloud & local GPU machines)
- Youʼll contribute to the design and development of geospatial data pipelines and the infrastructure to deliver services to both internal and external consumers of data
- You'll contribute to internal ML tooling that is critical for us to scale
What do I need?
- 3+ years experience developing Python in an agile environment
- Experience building Docker images and running containerised applications
- You've deployed containerised scripts / applications to the cloud (ECS / Kubernetes)
- You know why tests are important and you love to write them :)
- Good knowledge of SQL, ideally Postgres flavour
- Be a good communicator - you love to teach people techy stuff!
- Adaptability and autonomy - weʼre a small startup, things change a lot and fast
- To care about the future of the planet - you want to solve climate change in the most high leverage way possible
- Experience working with geospatial data in Python
- Familiarity with computer vision packages such as xarray, rasterio, gdal, opencv
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, i.e. Terraform
- Understanding of CI/CD from practice
- Familiarity with Airflow
Feel free to apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. As long as you're a quick learner, and are excited about changing the carbon markets for the better, we're happy to support you as you come up to speed with our tech stack.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Up to £80k p.a. + Equity. Dependent on experience.
- You also get paid to save the world, alongside an amazing team which is nice.
No agencies thanks
Job title: Data Engineer (Python, AWS) - Climate Tech
Job tags: saas / subscription