Remote job description
Ceros is an experiential platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. We're passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom microsites to immersive interactive webpages, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content and instantly embed it into your site or social media platforms such as Pinterest or Snapchat. Join us and be part of the movement to enable everyone to create experiences that matter.
Our customers include some of the world's leading brands, such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, United Airlines, and AIG.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
As a data engineer, you'll be handling the design and construction of scalable management systems, ensure that all data systems meet company requirements, and also research new uses for data acquisition. You should also know the ins and outs of the industry such as data mining practices, algorithms, and how data can be used.
In order to stand out as a candidate, you should express humility and patience. Data engineering is about building the underlying infrastructure, and so being able to pass the limelight to someone else is imperative. We want to see candidates with mechanical tendencies and a desire to know how things work and to improve them. Furthermore, being able to listen to your colleagues is essential.
We are looking for a person who can maintain, transform, analyze and extract valuable insights from our different data sources and make these insights available to various stakeholders across the company. We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit that will always be looking for ways to improve our data infrastructure and make our data more accessible to the business.
- Creating and maintaining the optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet business requirements
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using AWS and SQL technologies
- Working with stakeholders including design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Optimizing data retrieval and developing dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining documentation about our databases and ETL processes
- Optimizing our data infrastructure for performance, scalability, security and redundancy
- Developing insights and evangelizing the value of our data to other stakeholders
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- Excellent communication skills to interface with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Experience building and maintaining data infrastructure utilizing infrastructure as code (IaC) principles and technologies.
- Experience deriving insights through the use of predictive analytics and/or machine learning techniques
- Excellent knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL database technologies and their pros and cons
- Deep knowledge of SQL and database design
- At least 3 years experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Experience with ETL tools such as Matillion and AWS DMS.
- Experience with business intelligence (BI) and visualization tools (e.g. Metabase, Looker, Tableau, etc..)
- Experience with data-related cloud services (e.g. Redshift, Aurora, S3, Glue, DMS)
- Experience maintaining and working with Elasticsearch
What we're looking for from the heart
- Be a self-starter and operate with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Identify things that need to be done and get them done
- Identify opportunities to help Ceros scale and implement them
- An eagerness to learn. We're looking for engineers who are able and eager to keep up with the pace of our rapidly evolving field
Key Things to Know
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- This is a remote first role with the ability to work on east coast time; travel periodically to our NY offices and team meetups
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- 401K match
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation days
- Wellness Fridays (Half Day Fridays)
- Excellent gear (Macbook, external monitor, etc.)
- Stipend for WFH set-up
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
At Ceros, we are deeply committed to the recruitment, retention, and growth of diverse talent; uniting people from unique backgrounds in our shared passion for unlocking creativity through technology.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
Company name: Ceros
Remote job title: Data Engineer at Ceros () (allows remote)