Remote job description
About the Role:
As a Data Engineer at Papaya, you will join our growing team on our mission to alleviate the stress and anxiety around paying bills. You will build and maintain data infrastructure critical to business analytics, data science, and reporting for internal purposes and external clients using technologies including Snowflake, Airflow, and Python. You will work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and business stakeholders.
Flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
Remote engineers who are within North American time zones are welcome to apply.
What you will do:
- Find creative solutions to technical problems
- Build and maintain data pipelines to support analytics, data science, and reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Work with technologies such as Snowflake, Python, Airflow, and Looker
- Write well designed, testable and reliable code
- Contribute to code reviews and technical architecture discussions and documentation
- Collaborate with product management, analytics, and other business stakeholders
What you can bring:
- 5+ years of relevant experience on great engineering teams
- A passion for helping to build a data-driven business
- Strong knowledge of of building and maintaining high performance data pipelines
- Strong knowledge of data engineering principles and ETL
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong analytical skills a plus
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience in FinTech a plus
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We've adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya's team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you'll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We're proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA's Best Small Companies to Work for in 2020 and 2021! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.
Company name: Papaya
Remote job title: Data Engineer
Job tags: Python, data driven, SQL