Remote job description
About the product
GeniusWire™ is our proprietary data and analytics platform used to discover, curate and analyze millions of e-commerce brands across numerous diverse and nontraditional metrics. With GW we are able to track broad consumer trends and identify brands with strong breakout potential within each vertical.
What you will do
- You'll work with others to build new product features from start to finish, including API related features.
- You'll design, maintain and improve the data acquisition pipelines at scale. Currently processing 200K+ daily scraping requests.
- You'll improve the performance and reliability of our databases and infrastructure.
- Data architecture: You have previously established the right data architecture for a company's needs, build data pipelines, and provided guidance on best data practices for the business. You have a strong experience managing relational databases and know how to manage data at scale. You previously worked with SQLAlchemy.
- AWS: You have a deep knowledge on AWS services, and are familiar with at least the following: Lambda, Route 53, Batch, Api gateway, CloudWatch, S3.
- Python: You have a proven experience in building web-application using Python. You have a strong understanding of the API first approach for building web-application, and know how to work with PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch.
- Problem solver: You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You're comfortable asking for help when needed and reaching out people outside of your team.
- Hacker mindset: You believe that everything is possible, and it's just a matter of approaching a problem with the right mindset. You are a creative thinker and love to push your limits.
- Team player: For you, work is not a solo game. You love collaborating with people and you enjoy spending time with your team.
- Empathetic communication: You can easily explain complex ideas to developers and to people without technical backgrounds. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and commit to the best solution. You are an effective listener, and speak fluently english and/or french.
- Passionated and driven: You are deeply passionate about the projects you are working on. You love to solve complex issues and are genuinely excited about solving customer problems.
- Location: Remote / work from home flexibility.
- You have previously built great tools with small teams, worked on scraping projects, created entrepreneurial projects or launched your own e-commerce store.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, sports, travels, photography or gaming.
- You have Elastic Search knowledge
- You would love to relocate to Canada
- Interview with Maxime Yahouedeou, Product Manager.
- Interview with one of our developer.
- Take home Assessment.
- 1 paid full-time week of work with the Product Team (as a Freelancer).
- Interview with one of our founders.
How To Apply
In your application message, please include a link to your LinkedIn, Github and/or Portfolio.
Try to submit something that will grab our attention :)
About the company
Founded by serial Canadian entrepreneurs with a history of successful exit, Nolk aimed at solving current eCommerce challenge facing entrepreneurs using advanced technology and design. Our team is globally distributed and we value our diversity.
Job title: Data Engineer (Python) at Nolk (Montreal, QC, Canada) (allows remote)
Job tags: python, aws, api