Remote job description
PayPay is looking for Data Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
- Work directly with Data Analysts and Platform Engineering Team to create reusable experimental and production data pipelines
- Understand, tune, and master the processing engines (like Spark, Hive, Cascading, etc) used day-to-day
- Keep the data whole, safe, and flowing with expertise on high volume data ingest and streaming platforms (like Spark Streaming, Kafka, etc)
- Sheppard and shape the data by developing efficient structures and schema for the data in storage and transit
- Explore as many new technology options for data processing, storage, and share them with the team
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible
Tech Stack We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Scala, Java, Python
| Aurora, DynamoDB, TiDB, Spark, Presto, Hive, Hudi, Airflow, Kafka
| Docker, Kubernetes,AWS, GCP
| Presto, Athena, Bigquery, Looker,Spark, Hive
| Slack, Zoom, F2F
- Experience with building data pipelines ingesting and transforming large number of events per minute and terabytes of data per day.
- Experience with Spark and Kafka and have experimented or heard about Flink/Druid/Ignite/Presto/Athena and understand when to use one over the other. (Preferably, experience of working with cloud based big data processing platform such as AWS EMR, Google Cloud DataProc)
- Passionate about producing clean, maintainable and testable code part of real-time data pipeline.
- Good understanding of microservices work.
- Ability to connect different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before and follow the flow of data through various pipelines to debug data issues.
- Good understanding of issue with ingesting data from applications in multiple data centers across geographies, on-premise and cloud and will find a way to solve them.
- Proficient in Java/Scala/Python/Spark
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages, preferably Scala.
- Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Knowledge about the Japanese payment industry
- Application Review (1-2 weeks)
- HR and Team will review your resume
- Coding Test will be sent via Hirevue system
- It takes 3-4 hours (max) to complete
- If you need to extend the due date, please contact HR
- 2-3 rounds of online interview(s)
- Live Coding could be requested
- Please make sure the reason you applied to PayPay (Why Fintech? Why Startup? Why PayPay?)
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we cannot sponsor working VISA to Japan. However as a temporary solution, you may be able to start working with us as an individual contractor. Please discuss with your recruiter about this opportunity.
- Once the COVID-19's over, we will ask all employees in overseas to relocate to Japan. We will fully support your relocation.
[Corporate Blog] https://about.paypay.ne.jp/corporate-blog
[Product Blog] https://blog.paypay.ne.jp
Company: PayPay Corporation.
Job title: Data Engineer (Full-Remote in Japan*) at PayPay Corporation. (Tokyo, Japan) (allows remote)
Job tags: kotlin, android, rx-kotlin, rxjava