Remote job description
At Coalition, we bring together cyber tools, data, and deep security expertise to help customers solve cyber risk. We have over 25,000 customers, ranging from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies, and that number is growing fast.
The Coalition engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Engineers to work with the various data sources utilized in our business. The ideal candidate would have experience working with data engineering, data analysis, and statistical modeling, in the development of a real-time service. They would have experience working with structured and unstructured data systems, optimizing performance across large, disparate data sets, and streaming data systems. They would be a proficient developer who can deliver production-quality implementations.
This is a versatile role that will touch many aspects of data at Coalition, including network security data, actuarial data, and growth analytics data.
Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and decouple systems as we continue to grow. We're looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
- Implement risk models for various insurance products
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement data pipelines for a variety of data sources used at Coalition
- Deliver production-quality software implementations for ETL and streaming pipelines
- Explore new data sources and develop insights into existing data sources that improve business efficiency
- 3+ years working with large disparate data sets
- Deep understanding of ETL pipelines, statistical modeling, data analytics, and large scale data streaming
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, Python, R, or similar language used for data engineering
- A proven track record of successfully automating business value from data insights
- Experience with at least one big data search tool, such as Elastic
- Excellent oral and written communications skills at all levels
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Prior experience with insurance or network security technologies
- In-depth knowledge of AWS or other cloud-hosted platforms relevant to data engineering
- Experience with data visualization technologies
- Enjoy a highly fulfilling, mission-driven culture
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) plan
- Wellness and commuter benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Open vacation days
- We embrace distributed work; some benefits will vary by location
- You are an owner! We offer stock options to each of our employees
- More details at https://www.coalitioninc.com/careers
We are all here to build something we believe in and to make a company that will last. We're also assembling a team of expert incident responders, threat and malware researchers, and security analysts to protect our customers before, during, and after a cyber incident. Our goal is to harness the power of technology with the safety of insurance, to provide the first holistic solution to cyber risk. Coalition's culture is one that strongly values humility, authenticity, and diversity. We want to work with people of different backgrounds and different paths in life, and we trust our team members to take responsibility, share ownership and work for one another. We are always looking for collaborative, inquisitive and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our culture is one of character, humility, responsibility, purpose, and authenticity. We are growing rapidly and that growth is enabled by strong teamwork, communication, and mentorship. We want people who are passionate about becoming experts in both the business and the technologies that support it. Our core platform is written mostly in Python with some services in Java and Go. We prefer to use the right tool for the job and make pragmatic decisions about how to scale and de-couple systems as we continue to grow. We're looking for someone who can navigate a cloud environment (AWS) with many moving pieces and systems to help the team understand how they fit into the broader puzzle.
Recent press releases:
Coalition is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Summary