Remote job description
We are looking for a Data Analyst to improve and expand our data capabilities, with an emphasis on solving business-critical problems through data analysis and visualization. As an analyst, you will have the opportunity to partner with teams across the organization to uncover valuable insights and solve their data needs. If you are passionate about using data to solve hard problems, we want to hear from you!
- Build and maintain LookML, dashboards, and reports in Looker
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytics requests, while addressing stakeholder long-term goals and ensuring we're solving the right problems
- Leverage metrics to drive insights and influence business decisions
- Ensure data quality and make data accessible to key stakeholders
- Train individuals and teams on how to use your dashboards and reports to empower them to use data to drive their decisions
- 2+ years of experience in a data role
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Extensive Looker experience is required, including LookML development, complex permission management, dashboard optimizations
- Able to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong written, verbal, and technical communication skills
- Experience with R or Python is a plus
- Experience with dbt, Snowflake, Fivetran, Stitch is a plus
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion - Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents - 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment agency policy
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Equal employment opportunity
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot's demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important e-verify information
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
- Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.
- E-Verify Notice
- Right to Work Notice
Company name: Pilot
Remote job title: Data Analyst
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, software