Remote job description
Remote is solving global remote organizations' biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called "multiplexing", which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below.
How we work
- We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
- We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
As a Data Analyst, you will be the link between data producers and data consumers at Remote. You'll primarily focus on building out our data pipeline to unify our various data sources in a compliant manner. That being said, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, and help deliver goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth to internal users.
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, or relevant experience in data; high-growth tech experience a plus
- 2+ years of experience using SQL
- Experience with Metabase or other data visualization tools
- Experience with Python is considered a plus
- Strong ability to collaborate and build effective relationships at various levels and across different roles in the organization
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- You are a kind, empathetic, and patient person
- You care deeply about diversity and inclusion
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Design, build, automate & own robust and scalable reporting for both internal and external partners
- Manage reporting and accuracy of key data metrics used for operational and decision-making
- Work with other teams to define key metrics and build dashboards to monitor and analyze the performance
- Build strong documentation around data definitions
- Define the data needs of the org
- You'll report to: Head of Automation
- Team: Automation
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with senior team member
- (async) Challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members 3 (team members simultaneously)
- Interview with future manager
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!
Company name: Remote
Remote job title: Data Analyst