Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Remote job description
Squarespace is looking for an Analyst who will drive the development of a centralized point of view on industry pricing and packaging as well as broad secular trends. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable working with go-to-market SaaS pricing, but is also willing to step in to conduct ad hoc competitive analyses and interpretation of data to drive meaningful action. In addition to a deep curiosity for the industry and the ability to find creative solutions to complex problems, you should have a desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
Our pricing team is new to the marketing organization. You should be comfortable growing out a new program and passionate about researching complex revenue streams and consumer data, and have a knack for pricing impact analysis.
This can work hybrid in our headquarters in New York or remotely, and reports to the Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence.
You'll Get To...
- Track, report, infer strategies and provide insights on Squarespace competitors' pricing, internationally and across product categories
- Be the subject matter expert on competitive pricing and have a deep understanding of testing approaches, pricing, packaging, bundling, etc., across our industry
- Present key findings, insights and implications to internal stakeholders in a concise and actionable manner
- Analyze bundling and add-on opportunities and provide guidance for balance of revenue/adoption through bundles and add-ons
- Identify areas for pricing improvement and collaborate cross-functionally to develop tests to validate pathways for improvement
- Leverage competitive intelligence tools, like Kompyte, to continuously tracker key competitors' actions
- Conduct ad hoc competitive analyses, with marketing, go-to-market, product and financial lens
Who We're Looking For
- 3-4 years of experience in corporate strategy, consulting, or financial analysis
- Experience partnering with Finance, Product, and Customer Value teams to drive strategy
- Experience in B2C pricing strategy preferred
- Experience in a technology/SaaS-related industry preferred
- Able to synthesize complex data and present to stakeholders
- Track record of recognizing and reporting on industry trends
- Passionate about analyzing disparate sources of data and synthesizing information down to what matters most for the business
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the ability to balance competing priorities while collaborating and sharing responsibilities across the team
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Collaborative and a team player
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, along with the ability to stay focused on the big picture
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch and snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites