User Happiness Officer
Remote job description
At Big Health we're creating the first generation of "digital medicine" in order to help 1m people back to good mental health by 2020. Our personalized behavioral programs are automated so they're highly scalable, yet backed by gold-standard scientific evidence.
Our first product, Sleepio, is a digital sleep improvement program that features proven cognitive and behavioral techniques but is designed to feel more like entertainment than medicine. Delivered by your virtual animated sleep expert The Prof and his narcoleptic dog Pavlov, Sleepio has been the subject of 14 peer-reviewed scientific papers to date including three randomized controlled trials (RCTs).
The community is growing fast so we're looking for a remote, part-time User Happiness Officer in the US Pacific time zone, or in London, UK (Great Britain Time), to consistently delight and support our members. As a member of our Customer Happiness team, you will respond to members' questions about the program and help to look after the community.
- You will help members use the Sleepio web program and app via email, Facebook, and Twitter
- You will trouble shoot any problems users are having and help to resolve them quickly
- You will track recurring feedback to help us improve Sleepio
- You will moderate the members' online community
- You'll be a Sleepio evangelist, delivering user experiences which are consistent with our values and in adherence with our clinical guidelines
- You are energetic, with a can-do attitude and a strong desire to find a positive outcome to any problem you face
- You have a home office, or a private space equipped with the tools you need to work from home in an environment that lends to productivity
- You have excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- You are in the US Pacific time zone (UTC-8) or in the UK time zone (UTC+1)
- You are able to commit to 6-15 hours/week spread out over three days Mon-Sun (Saturday and/or Sunday a must)
- You are organized and able to prioritize when things get busy
- You love to be there for others, are kind and supportive, with a passion for helping people, and an ear and eye for details
- You are humble and get things done all while having fun
- It would be a bonus if
- You have a background in customer support or tech support
- You are familiar with Google Apps for Work
More background on Big Health
- Backed by leading venture capital firms, Index Ventures, Octopus Ventures, and Kaiser Permanente Ventures
- Working with many of the world's leading employers, including Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent technology firms, and leading healthcare institutions, enabling Sleepio to be available to over 1 million people by the end of 2016, all paid for by their employer
- Partnerships with Oxford University, three leading health insurers, and multiple US universities and hospitals
- Sleepio is recognized by Nature, Ranked, and The King's Fund as the best evidenced App in its category
Working with us
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our work culture.
- We try hard to create a happy and healthy environment for ourselves, including our remote employees. To accomplish this, we have: A clearly-structured personal review and development program; quarterly happiness survey that we use to ensure we're doing everything we can to maximize our happiness; weekly team talks; a fund for spending on personal happiness
To apply, please submit your resume along with the required question. Unfortunately, we won't be able to consider incomplete questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Because we are on a mission to bring millions back to good mental health, we believe it's essential to reflect the diversity of those we intend to serve. We're an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse team that leads with empathy and respect.
Additionally, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Big Health participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Big Health does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.
Company name: Big Health
Remote job title: User Happiness Officer
Job tags: saas / subscription