Trust & Safety Specialist Overnight Critical Response
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work?"whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop?"while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart's Trust & Safety team takes data-driven, customer-first approaches to identifying patterns of fraudulent or other risk related activity and taking appropriate action. In this role you will be responsible for executing on processes critical to ensuring the Instacart platform remains secure, safe, and stable for all users.
The role will include a blend of areas from real-time emergency response coordination, tactical evidence gathering, and thorough investigations pertaining to misconduct and compliance on the Instacart platform. This is a full time role, you are expected to work 40 hours/week. This is a non-exempt position, you will be paid hourly; this role is not eligible for overtime. You may be scheduled to work 1 or 2 weekend nights, your manager will assign your schedule based on your availability. This is a 6 month contract position.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Resolve customer & shopper account issues through timely email responses
- Conduct investigations to detect misconduct and enforce compliance initiatives
- Complete live/historical data reviews with detail-oriented approach
- Execute on repetitive operational tasks while maintaining attention to detail and having an eye for process improvements
- This role is an overnight position from 10PM to 6AM PDT
- 1+ years experience in Investigations, Customer Support, or Hospitality related fields OR strong academic record
- Strong communication and writing skills with strong attention to detail, grammar, brand tone, and voice
- Positive attitude and fortitude to work through ever-changing and dynamic operational conditions
- Understanding of the gig economy
- Ability to make critical and sensitive issues quickly in a fast paced environment
- Operate within a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Basic understanding of SQL is a plus
- Weekends, evenings or holiday availability
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Trust & Safety Specialist Overnight Critical Response
Job tags: SQL, Google Apps, Trust and Safety