Trust and Safety Specialist For Pooling Only
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million projects started on Thumbtack
- 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 9 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Team
As a part of the Marketplace Trust and Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack Support's most interesting and challenging issues. You will work as the front-line on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld. On this team, you will be part of a tight-knit group that works on solving real and serious problems for our users.
About the Role
You are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. You have a positive attitude and the willingness to help our users in whatever way possible within difficult situations. You thrive in ambiguity and are dedicated to helping users from problem to solution.
- Handle Trust and Safety cases involving customer concerns via phone, email, and resolution platforms
- Investigate and mediate disputes between users to help both parties reach a positive outcome
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust over the phone, as well as empathize with the caller while still following Trust and Safety policies and procedures
- Strong writing abilities, able to effectively address concerns in emails and other messenger resolution platforms
- Is confident in their good judgment and decision making abilities
- Level-headed, does not get shaken by difficult or complex situations
- Positive attitude, loves solving problems and is a good listener
Bonus points if you have
- Strong preference for those with previous experience in a Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support Team
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: email@example.com.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Trust and Safety Specialist For Pooling Only
Job tags: Decision-Making, Trust and Safety