Technical Support Engineer
Remote job description
About The Position
Fireblocks is a fast-growing VC-backed startup focused on securing and transferring digital assets across public and private blockchains. Based on explosive growth in 2021 we are looking to expand our Support team across the globe.If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with a team that is passionate about security and blockchain technology, we'd love to speak to you.
Fireblocks is one of the most well-funded and fastest-growing start-ups in the crypto and blockchain space. We're on a mission to enable every business in the world to securely and easily support digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Today, over 650 customers rely on the Fireblocks platform to store, transfer and issue digital assets - and we're just getting started.
Ready to join the fast-paced world of navigating the shifting landscape of regulations for cryptocurrency and DeFi? We are looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join a newly formed Americas Support team. As a Technical Support Engineer you will be dealing with the most challenging and complex problems in the Defi and Web 3.0 space. You will support Fireblocks's continued hyper-growth and work closely with many teams, including Cloud Ops, Product and Engineering.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deliver best-in-class technical support for Fireblocks's SaaS platform.
- Triage, investigate, identify and resolve complex technical issues related to cryptocurrency transactions, balance discrepancies, APIs, and 3rd-party financial institution integration(s).
- Customer focused at all time through timely communication to our customers; including (but not limited to) initial contact, timely updates, case resolution and escalation management.
- Collaborating with Cloud-Ops team on back-end SaaS service issues.
- Owning problems through to resolution using all available resources at your disposal.
- Analyze blockchain Ledger logs and transactions.
- Interact with other teams to ensure customer escalations are prioritized and managed within defined SLAs.
- Adoption and adherence to business processes and policies.
- Meticulous case management and RCA documentation.
- At least 3-4 years experience as a Technical Support Engineer (or a similar role) - a must
- Ability to work under high pressure and high troubleshooting skills - a must
- Work ethics/ability to work unorthodox hours in case needed
- Willing to fly abroad for technical sessions and training purposes in case needed
- Prior experience supporting SaaS based product or relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or technical support is a plus.
- API implementation and debugging.
- Previous Dev-Ops/SRE experience would be desirable
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Scripting (Python/Perl/Bash) is a plus.
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms utilized by public blockchain networks (e.g., elliptic curve, symmetric and public key cryptography, hashing and other cryptography related topics) is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is desired.
Company name: Fireblocks
Remote job title: Technical Support Engineer