Technical Project Manager
Remote job description
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
The Fast Customer Success team is looking for an Technical Program Manager to drive the governance and delivery of large integration projects with some of the biggest Enterprises in the US. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role responsible for executing go-to-market Enterprise implementation plans for Fast's growing network of customers. This role is critical in bringing the Fast Customer Success mission to life, with the opportunity to help build a dynamic team in a high growth start up.
- Understand and coordinate the technical requirements on behalf of the FAST and our customers and partners.
- Understand engineering concepts, practices, product area and/or systems to solve complex problems and drive to customer success
- Lead and execute deal-won project integrations for Enterprise & Strategic sellers; owning and managing repeated expansion across different divisions or verticals
- Refine and execute the Go-to-Market plan with the Solution Architecture team, Technical Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Sales, and key stakeholders and decision-makers within Fast & the seller's team
- Define, scope, prioritize, and deliver roadmap, product, and feature requirements through technical acumen, customer-first perspective, a data-driven approach, and strong relationships across teams
- Ensure clear priorities and shared goals are aligned to orchestrate the transformation of technology capabilities needed for a successful implementation
- Steer and deliver project standups, working sessions, communications, and shared tools to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate critical issues and issue resolution, to facilitate decision-making, and to build trust
- Evaluates project deliverables for near and long-term, business process improvements and additional potential product and/or services sales
- Self-starter who is able to provide strategic thought leadership and prioritization with limited guidance
- Predicts challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
Who you are
- Customer-oriented. Our customers are always top-of-mind for you and their satisfaction is your primary driver and motivation. You thrive in building and nurturing relationships and always have the customer's best interest in mind.
- Proactive, resourceful, and decisive. No task is too big or small for you. You are multifaceted and a problem-solver, especially when it comes to planning and executing scalable solutions. You are decisive and are comfortable making recommendations and/or decisions.
- Excellent communication. Communicating and developing rapport comes naturally to you. You are a professional through-and-through and have learned to build trust and confidence by being a reliable stakeholder and leader.
- Visionary. You are interested in contributing to Fast's future - across its products, lines of business, and company culture. You are someone who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves, do the work, and lead by example.
- 7-10+ years of technical Enterprise delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of growing responsibility
- Successfully led and delivered large & strategic (1-2 years) customer projects with significant business impact with complex and/or evolving project requirements; Project/Program Management experience in the deployment of cutting edge, multi-vendor technologies in a highly complex commercial environment
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Your past projects have utilized existing or emerging technologies, multiple third party vendors, and working across different locations or regions; Conversant in understanding of enterprise grade and open-source CMS and related technologies
- Demonstrates an expert-level understanding of the Sales & Delivery lifecycle, including risk assessment and technical scoping
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making
- Outstanding influential and collaboration skills; ability to drive consensus and tangible outcomes, demonstrated by breaking down silos and fostering cross-team communication and teamwork
- Possesses a good understanding of the legal issues & practical issues surrounding Statements of Work (SOWs) and Change Requests
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence; active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities
- Understanding of complex software delivery including build, test, deployment, and operations; conversant in Java, APIs, Business functions
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Master's degree or advanced degree in Project Management or related technical field
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited intuition
- Agile PM Certification or Certified Scrum Master certification
- Knowledge of digital marketing, including integrated campaigns, paid media, SEO, email campaigns, web and mobile production
- Payments domain knowledge
Benefits of Fast
We are an early stage, well-funded company with an innovative engineering and product culture, who prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, and equity as part of our competitive compensation package.
Do you like snacks? So do we. Every month we curate new companies and products, and share with all employees, regardless of location.
Also- we have fabulous swag, including the infamous Fast Hoodie (with its own Twitter following).
Technical Project Manager