Technical Lead Data Platform Lead
Remote job description
We're a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there's still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
Everyone in Trustpilot wants to work with our Data Platform team. Our numerous engineering teams, data analysts, analytics developers and machine learning engineers all need what we own - Trustpilots data. The Data Platform team creates scalable, empowering solutions that ensure Trustpilot's data gets from the Data Platform to all our Trusties. Our work is crucial in making Trustpilot one of the fastest-growing online companies in Europe.
We are looking for a Technical Lead for our Data Platform team.
It's essential that you have Python and/or Java experience. You'll have experience with AWS and/or GCP, and the know-how to wrangle infrastructure using code. You'll be adept with SQL, and have experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
Data Platform uses Apache Airflow, Kafka, Beam, BigQuery, Druid, MongoDB and Dynamodb. Experience with any of these technologies is a bonus. If not, we would still love to hear from you. We're looking for someone who:
- Is an established engineer with demonstrable technical aptitude looking to take the next step in their career
- Can lead and mentor a team of world-class engineers to deliver their best work
- Is an excellent communicator. You'll be working with data scientists, ML engineers and many other stakeholders to deliver high-quality, high-impact solutions
- Understands, demonstrates and advocates best practices for code quality, automation, documentation and Infrastructure as Code
- Has a voracious appetite for learning
- Wants to be a Big Data SME
- If these characteristics describe you, please get in touch!
In your role, you will:
- Design, implement, deliver and manage highly scalable solutions based on modern cloud-based architectures by seamlessly switching between writing code and maintaining Data Platforms infrastructure
- Partner with data scientists, engineers, and stakeholders across the organization to define high-impact solutions and deliver high-quality systems and pipelines
- Take responsibility for technical direction and the output of your team
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices to continuously improve Data Platforms development processes and our existing solutions
- Understand new technologies and ways of working, and incorporate them into the team to keep us well ahead of our market
- Mentor Engineers to develop their technical skills
We are looking for people with:
- Great analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your ideas clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Experience with modern cloud architectures (serverless, event-driven), Docker and Kubernetes
- You bring solid technical skills and an ability to work across backend and infrastructure management code
- Proficiency in engineering best practices (CI/CD, observability, configuration management, test automation)
- Experience communicating closely with users and other technical teams
- Familiarity with agile ways of working
- Motivation to deliver quality results in an agile, collaborative, ever-evolving environment
A group of motivated engineers working in cross-functional teams while still enjoying the close-knit community within the Research & Development organization, where we share knowledge. With a wide variety of cultures in our team, we get to enjoy many different viewpoints, and our talks are always lively and fun.
You will also have regular 1-on-1s with your manager, where you will be able to work on your personal growth and development, by setting clear goals, receiving actionable feedback and discussing possible learning resources and opportunities.
Some relevant technologies and services we use:
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Docker, ECS, Lambda, SNS, SQS, Step Functions, and more
- Git, GitHub
- Machine Learning, AI, Google TensorFlow, BigQuery, Kafka, Airflow
- MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Elastic Search
- Find more on http://stackshare.io/trustpilot
- Attractive salary plus eligibility for bonus based on company KPIs
- "20% time", where you have the opportunity to innovate yourself and learn new things
- A varied workday in a positive, can-do team
- High aspirations for technology as well as deliveries
- Technology-agnosticism: use the best tools for the job
- Budget for training and learning
- Team building & Events
- Two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
- To apply for this position, please submit your CV telling us why you think you'd be great for this job.
- If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, Helle Gundersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary range is 68,000-78,000 EUR GROSS base compensation / yearly
At Trustpilot, we're passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we're a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we're a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.
Company name: Trustpilot
Remote job title: Technical Lead Data Platform Lead
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, retail