Technical Enablement Manager, Support
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the role:
As Enablement Program Manager for Support, you will report to the Sr. Director of Support Strategy & Operations. You will be responsible for creating and leading engaging programs designed to enable Confluent's Global Technical Support team on all new products, platforms, and solutions that we sell to our customers. This will include direct participation in our new product introduction (NPI) program as well as the development of programs focused on new hire onboarding and ongoing enablement. Best-in-breed technical support is a critical part of what we provide to our customers, and this role will play a key part in ensuring the technical and operational readiness of our support personnel globally.
In this role, you will work closely with Product Managers, engineering leads, and Engineering Program Management to ensure that enablement on Confluent's products reaches the Support Team in a timely manner and with the technical depth required for teams to be successful. You will need to develop and maintain a firm understanding of our end customers, cloud partners (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google), and the needs of our Support Engineers so that you can properly identify what is relevant for technical field teams to be enabled on. Your ultimate goal will be to ensure Support team readiness and you will therefore be thinking beyond just the creation and launch of new content and programs.
What you'll do:
- Own Support Team readiness in Confluent's Product NPI (New Product Introduction) process and ensure that new products and releases are ready to be supported
- Interface directly with members of Confluent's engineering and product teams to ensure the creation and governance of new product enablement content needed by the Support Team.
- Leverage your program management and release readiness experience to drive cross-functional readiness programs and projects.
- Collaborate with Support systems & operations team to enable Support team on process and tools changes.
- Efficiently leverage subject matter expert bandwidth as needed to generate enablement resources as required. This role will not be expected to develop all enablement content for support but should be comfortable pursuing answers independently and be capable of understanding whether enablement content meets the needs of Support.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within Confluent's Global Technical Support team as well as with cross-functional counterparts in engineering, product, support, and technical program management.
- Partner with Support Team management to plan for and ensure the delivery of new content and knowledge transfer to subject matter experts and generalist support engineers globally.
- Develop post-launch follow-up mechanisms to assess the effectiveness of the enablement content and programs.
- Continually evolve and improve our support release readiness programs to ensure that they are efficient, scalable, and driving improvement to overall support readiness.
- Represent the support team in new product architecture reviews. You should be able to identify risk areas and gaps in support enablement and then communicate effectively to ensure that the risks are addressed.
- Leverages program management skills to scope support enablement projects, estimates the time required, manages and reports on project progress while driving them to completion
- Collaborate with content management and enablement peers by adhering to the content lifecycle process as it pertains to product releases including on-boarding and other enablement programs.
- Define and track release readiness/enablement KPIs and periodically evaluate programs based on feedback and KPIs.
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of building and running enablement programs for customer-facing technical teams, preferably in SaaS or IaaS environments where releases happen often.
- 5+ years experience in technical program management and project management.
- Strong technical background; should be able to understand and convey highly technical subject matter.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and experience communicating at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to prioritize projects effectively.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Open, growth mindset with a high degree of self-motivation, fostered in a face-paced, high growth, dynamic environment
What Gives You an Edge:
- Experience with software security, cloud computing (AWS, Azure, GCP), Linux, and networking
- Experience with distributed software systems environments/deployments
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Technical Enablement Manager, Support
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure