Senior Implementation Manager
Remote job description
We're looking for a Senior Implementation Manager to join our growing Wise Platform team. You'll help partner banks leverage our API to offer Wise's much-loved products through the bank's own infrastructure. This role is a unique opportunity to help reach millions of new customers, transform the international payments experience for bank customers and have significant impact on Wise's mission
This is not a standard project management role - we are looking for someone that loves the challenge of delivering complex projects whilst understanding the importance of delivering a great product. You will be working independently on integrations into intricate bank IT systems, navigating partner requirements, working through a range of regulations and with an array of bank stakeholders.
Here's how you'll be contribute to Wise Platform
- You'll lead banks and non bank partners in implementing the Wise solution in their online and mobile platforms, ensuring the final product offers customers a world class international payment experience. Our API documents are public - check these out to start understanding the product.
- Own all aspects of the project, including technical (product build, funds and data flows) as well as non technical components (compliance requirements and contractual agreements). You'll develop implementation plans and timelines with our partners, holding them accountable to these.
- You'll go above and beyond to execute - drive the solution scope and phasing, helping organisations move at speed whilst reshaping the project as needed throughout. You won't accept delays and will always propose solutions.
- You'll navigate the complex internal world of banks and large organisations. You'll get approvals and remove blockers with, or on behalf of, our internal sponsors to ensure the project stays on track.
- Competently manage bank stakeholders, up to CEO and board level, including those not directly involved with the project.
- Support our business development team in the sales process and work with engineers and product managers on partner specific requirements - setting clear scope and proposing new features or improvements to our current offering.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Reinvent the way banks around the world offer international payments to their customers, completely transforming this experience.
- Work on one of the biggest levers of our mission. We are able to reduce prices by scaling the volume of money we move - and a lot of that volume passes through banks.
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different so we'll do our best to make it happen.
A bit about you
- You have experience in delivering highly impactful projects of APIs or other integrations within banks or non bank partners. You understand the way a typical bank defines and executes a project, with a solid understanding of bank systems and the challenges they face.
- You are equally comfortable working on technical and compliance requirements, legal obligations and commercial models and able to shape and influence bank's thinking on these points.
- You understand how internal stakeholders influence bank decisions. You're always prepared to question the decisions banks make, instead of taking them as a given.
- You're creative in finding solutions when discussions are blocked. You'll have a number of ways to quickly reach agreements that work for us, the bank and customers.
- You're an excellent, influential communicator: An effective communicator, you're straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You're able to persuade others and you aren't afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You strive to be the best: Self-driven and make things happen, show a strong desire to succeed, always looking for opportunities, determined in pursuit of your own and your customers' goals.
- You are customer-focused. At Wise, they always come first, so you need to be enthusiastic about helping our customers and delivering on our mission.
- Some extra skills that would be awesome
- You understand how international payments work in banks today. You'll have a list of things that implementing Wise in a bank is likely to break.
- You have built an app or worked on an API. Maybe for work, maybe as a side project.
- We're people without borders - without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
- Also, qualifications aren't that important to us. If you've got great experience, and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
- And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we'd especially love to hear from you if you're from an under-represented demographic.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Senior Implementation Manager
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy