Senior Forensics and Incident Response Specialist
Remote job description
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we're building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Senior Forensics & Incident Response Specialist you will have the opportunity to define, implement and lead a forensic incident response strategy; ensuring security incidents and privacy issues are fully investigated and threats are proactively identified. You'll be part of a growing Security Operations team who are focused on detecting attacks against a backdrop of an ever-advancing cyber threat landscape with automation at the heart of everything we do. While we have some practices in place, you'll need to design processes and technology requirements from scratch to best support our Security maturity journey.
The role is a unique opportunity to directly influence the overall Security Operations strategy where you can harness our existing process and technology investments and bring new ways of working to help us protect our employees, customers, riders and restaurants. As we continue to grow our business, your specialist capabilities will play a key part in our story.
What you'll be doing
- Design and implement a hands-on strategy which provides the capability to forensically investigate security incidents and data privacy issues
- Optimise and automate existing technology to support forensic investigations
- Develop response playbooks to support minimum investigative standards
- Carry out host, network and cloud-based analysis to proactively detect malicious activity
- Support the response to security incidents, work closely with incident responders to implement containment and eradication response actions
- Define and lead the strategy for detecting and responding to insider threats
- Respond to sensitive Legal / HR investigations, including the support of e-Discovery cases
- Build and maintain key business stakeholder relationships, with a particular focus on our Platform, Product Engineering, Legal, HR and Privacy teams
- Practical experience in a forensics role within a security incident response environment
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing digital forensic technology platforms
- Experience in proactive threat hunting and the orchestration of security technology
- Demonstrable coding skills with familiarity in multiple languages
- Experience identifying and investigating malicious insider activity, in particular within a cloud-centric environment
- Hands-on experience investigating sensitive Data Privacy and HR issues
- Demonstrable knowledge of the legal requirements around gathering, processing and storing forensic evidence
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Preferred, but not required
- GCFA, GREM, GCIH, EnCE, CFCE or other equivalent technical certification
- Experience configuring SIEM and Incident Response management platforms
- Experience analysing malware affecting MacOS, Linux and Windows
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Company name: Deliveroo
Remote job title: Senior Forensics and Incident Response Specialist
Job tags: marketplace, e-commerce, food, local, retail, smb