Senior Customer Support Content Strategist
Remote job description
Gather helps distributed teams build digital spaces that bring everyone together.
Whether collaborating in meetings, co-working with colleagues, or stopping by someone's digital desk, connecting with your team becomes energizing. High bandwidth work and culture creation happen no matter where your team members are.
The mission of Gather is to eliminate the physical barriers to opportunity and connection.
Our team helps customers that rely on Gather's platform to have the fullest experience possible. Each customer has specific needs that we aim to meet with unparalleled support.
As the Senior Customer Support Content Strategist, you will be responsible for rebuilding Gather Customer Support's knowledge management infrastructure and help articles. We will rely on you to guide us through the process of auditing our current content, organizing it with a unified taxonomy, and redeveloping it to best meet our customers' needs.
Where you will make an impact:
- Develop and validate Gather Customer Support's information architecture and taxonomy that will organize Help Center articles, internal knowledge articles, support email templates, and support ticket tags.
- Audit the current support content and determine what is relevant, what needs to be updated, and what needs to be archived.
- Write and publish a core set of content to Gather's customer-facing Help Center, internal Knowledge Base, and support email template library.
- Write content that adheres to Gather's brand voice and tone.
- Assist in managing the translation of content to Portuguese and Japanese.
- Work with Gather's subject matter experts to source information.
What you bring:
- You have experience developing a taxonomy in a customer support environment
- You are an experienced technical writer with the ability to clearly communicate concepts through writing
- You are resourceful, flexible and hold self accountable and persevere in the face of obstacles
- You are empathetic and enjoy teaching customers at all levels of technical proficiency
- Experience building a content library from scratch
- Work remotely out of a state-of-the-art virtual office!
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401k and matching program
- Generous PTO policy and mental health days to recharge
- Meal stipend twice a week to keep you nourished
- Remote work, education, and health & wellness stipend
- Support for family planning & gender-affirmation
- The opportunity to join a passionate team in building something that actually makes peoples' lives better, every single day
Gather is committed to building an inclusive and equitable workplace for individuals of all backgrounds. We strive to build a workplace where employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work, everyday. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Additionally, we're committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please notify the recruiter you are working with. We also ask that all applicants consider answering the voluntary demographic questions on our job application to help us track the inclusivity of our recruiting efforts and programs. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary and your answers will not be shared with the hiring team and will not impact the hiring decision.
Company name: Gather
Remote job title: Senior Customer Support Content Strategist
Job tags: technical writing, Ontologies