Product Support Specialist
Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
As one of the first members of our Product Support team supporting Japan, you'll have the exciting opportunity to help build processes and shape the team culture. You'll be the voice of Figma as you help to create seamless experiences for our customers every day. Engaging with our customers requires critical thinking, an investigative mentality and impeccable communication skills. We're looking for a teammate who is technically inclined, has a passion for quality and creating great customer experiences, and is comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced startup environment.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Help shape the future of our Product Support function in Japan, ensuring we are focused on crafting premium experiences for our customers, creating a wide and dedicated customer base with our Figma products and brand.
- Interact with Figma customers daily via email, taking ownership over cases from start to resolution.
- Develop expertise of Figma's products and the journey of our customers to accurately diagnose and solve sophisticated inquiries.
- Partner closely with Sales to guide large scale organizations through complex workspace configurations, acting quickly to address technical issues and ensuring successful account setup.
- Operate as the voice of the customer, collecting both product and process gaps in the experience and communicating data-backed cases for new feature development and process automation.
- Help to build, translate, and maintain content for our internal and external supporting tools such as the Help Center, our knowledge base, and macros.
- Act as designated point of contact for high-risk escalations and issues, proactively engaging the appropriate partners, and owning communication through to solution.
- Identify trends and communicate insights to our Product and Engineering teams to advocate for bug fixes, process improvements, and feature enhancements.
- Help to onboard and train Product Support Specialists, ensuring we deliver quality customer experiences along the way.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years' experience working in a support environment for a technical SaaS product.
- The ability to work a swing swift for up to the first 6 months: 4pm - 12am PST.
- Fluent level reading, writing and speaking skills in Japanese.
- Resilience and adaptability - you're motivated by experimenting, building, working inside and outside of the team, and are confident through times of change and ambiguity.
- Consultative communication skills with the ability to tailor a message for your audience. You can translate complex concepts into concise explanations and summarize customer issues to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven empathetic problem solving by going above and beyond to help people.
- A bias for action to drive for results - if you see something that can be done differently, you say something, and you advocate on behalf of the customer.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Product Support Specialist
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software