Lead Customer Success Manager
Remote job description
Gremlin is seeking a customer-centric outcome driven Lead Customer Success Manager. In this role, you will foster a positive customer experience and ensure each customer is maximizing the value they get from Gremlin. You will lead customers to reach their business outcomes through successful onboarding and adoption of Chaos Engineering as a practice, growing their success across their organization, and translating that success into ROI. You will be each customer's advocate within Gremlin and function as a liaison between our customers and internal Gremlin teams. We are scaling and we need someone to drive our internal business change with the larger CSM team making this role a lead that will help shape how the team excels. If you are ready to move into player/coach, or from individual contributor to a lead, or have leadership experience across your team, we want you! Come expand your career with Gremlin.
In this role, you'll get to:
- In conjunction with the Head of Customer Success, lead the CSM team to deliver on our goals and KPIs, iterate our processes, and drive our customers to their desired business goals and outcomes.
- Build deep relationships with our customers, shepherding them through their Chaos Engineering journey to increase their maturity and use of the product across their organization.
- Understand the inner workings and relationships of our customer's teams and champions to support their success with our platform within their organization. You'll help strengthen their voice and their success towards reliability through Chaos Engineering.
- Work with new customers to ensure successful onboarding minimizing time-to-value.
- Lead customers through the entire post-sales journey by leveraging your understanding of the customer's business goals and how chaos engineering and Gremlin can help achieve them.
- Act as an advocate for our customers, and invest the time to develop and enhance relationships with key stakeholders to earn "trusted advisor" status, naturally growing value, revenue, and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Document each customer's success criteria, then communicate and validate with each customer on an ongoing basis that value is being recognized. Consult with customers on best practices to increase value and ROI, ensuring we're hitting our renewal and expansion targets.
- Proactively reach out to customers to drive adoption, identify expansion and add-on opportunities, and have a "good finger on the pulse" for each account.
- Work with other internal resources to coordinate/facilitate high level demos, workshops, and training sessions to educate customers on current features based on best practices and provide visibility into current vs. future product features and capabilities.
- Through customer interactions, gather critical feedback on our product and relay back to internal Gremlin teams (product, tech support, marketing, sales).
- Create opportunities for customer stories, whitepapers, and blog posts among assigned customers.
- Hold quarterly internal account reviews to discuss the status of the product(s), technical challenges or future adoption of additional features.
- Monitor customer health and track product adoption through features used and maturity.
- Be a primary point of escalation contact for targeted customers.
- Support the incorporation of features that support our customers by understanding cross customer requests and prioritizing impact.
- Assist in attaining customer satisfaction goals by proactively meeting customer needs and addressing customer concerns before they affect customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Account Executives to help close expansion and upsell opportunities sales at assigned customers by identifying opportunities to provide customers with additional value
- As a player/coach, you will support your team to help level up their skills and eventually own renewals as a team, maximizing team revenue.
- Utilize your experience to increase our effectiveness with our tools, decks, and other materials and iterate them into one unified lifecycle approach for CS.
We'll expect you to have:
- 3 years of experience working as a client-facing CSM, preferably in SaaS with a track record of driving team initiatives independently and collaboratively to deliver on customer projects and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed records of internal and client activity in a CRM that lead to actionable next steps.
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with all levels of customers, business managers, end users, software developers, and architects (includes senior executives).
- Ability to build relationships and trust with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues in order to meet customer needs using strategy, negotiation and positive communication.
- Ability to problem solve, switch workstreams easily, and work cross-functionally in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to support your book of business (mostly Enterprise customers).
- Experience working with technical products (preferably developer tools, APIs, agents).
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate communication between product, engineering and business teams internally to positively impact how we work with the rest of the company and as a team.
- Ability to develop significant product knowledge and share best practices with customers to ensure they find product value.
- High levels of integrity and initiative, energetic and motivated.
- Has a growth mindset, is always eager to learn and improve (technical and business skills).
- Resourceful, adaptable, goal oriented, and willing to tackle challenges.
- Ability to influence product development activities.
- Building out a CRM and the processes surrounding it.
- Worked with a SaaS DevOps, SRE, or similar tool company.
- If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box—we're looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Team Activities (currently virtual due to Covid-19)
Employees at Gremlin have the unique chance to be at the forefront of a new IT practice, Chaos Engineering, just as the industry is beginning to adopt it. Our team is growing and you have an opportunity to join us as we transform how companies like Target, Twilio, National Bank of Australia, and many more build reliable software.
Job title: Lead Customer Success Manager
Job tags: infrastructure, licensing