Insurance Account Coordinator
Remote job description
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customers -high growth and innovative companies. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with office locations in SF, Chicago, and NYC . This role can be based anywhere in the U.S as long as you can work our Vouch core collaboration hours (8:30 am-2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
This position is not eligible for employment in the following locations: NY Metro, California, and Washington.
As Insurance Account Coordinator, you will play a critical role in providing a great experience to Vouch clients through quality execution and improvement of our policy administration activities. Reporting to the Policy Operations Team Lead, this role is responsible for handling customer requests for mid-term changes to policies and other policy management activities, like endorsements, cancellations, certificates of insurance, and renewals.
- Establish highly trusted and supportive relationships with our customers and Client Success team
- Execute on mid-term policy changes, including endorsements, coverage amendments and policy renewals
- Execute on other policy administration activities, like certificates of insurance and surplus lines filings
- Deliver consistent and timely responses to policy servicing requests and issues
- Drive additional value by identifying areas to improve processes and procedures, focused on delivering a great customer experience and increasing operational efficiency
- Assist with documenting day to day processes and improvements
- 2+ years experience in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented work environment
- 1+ year of experience in an insurance-related service-orientated role
- A natural customer empathy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to track, prioritize and drive high volumes of policy servicing requests
- Ability to manage multiple tasks of varying natures at one time
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's Degree (in Business, Insurance & Risk Management or a related field a plus)
- Experience in Property/Casualty Insurance
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)
- Monthly Doordash credits ($80/month)
Vouch believes in putting our people first and building a diverse team is at the front of everything that we do. We welcome people from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the diversity of our growing team.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-Remote
Company name: Vouch
Remote job title: Insurance Account Coordinator