Escalation Support Specialist
Remote job description
A bit about us
Lever's vision is connecting human potential to meaningful work. Hiring is the most strategic challenge that every company faces, and Lever is one of the most recognized brands in talent acquisition software. As the innovation leader in our space, we are searching for great people to join us and push further.
We are proud of the company we've built so far, but we are even more excited for what is yet to come. Our 5000+ customers include global leaders, startups that are disrupting industries, and businesses around the world. Lever has raised $123 million in funding, most recently a $50M Series D in November 2021.
With an overall gender ratio of 50:50 women and men, Lever is also fiercely committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We have been certified as a "Great Place to Work", along with "Best Company Outlook 2022," and "Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022," and the list keeps growing! Our people are Lever's biggest competitive advantage. For more information on our team culture, visit https://inside.lever.co/.
As an Escalation Support Specialist on the Customer Support Team at Lever, you will provide the highest level of support to every customer, both internal and external, through every interaction.
You will work closely with the rest of the Customer Experience and Solutions team to ensure that customer accounts have the technical and product support necessary to be set up for success.
You will manage and troubleshoot third-party integrations, work closely with partners and vendors to ensure our customers receive the support that they need to be successful, and act as an escalation point for the rest of the Customer Support team for technical issues.
We're looking for someone who is highly-motivated and detail-oriented. You're also passionate about people as much as you are about getting your work done. You have a natural fluidity and thoughtfulness to your written and verbal communication with customers. On top of that, you're incredibly organized, handling multiple responsibilities at the same time without letting a single ball drop.
While you'll have a solid foundation in customer support, at Lever you will learn to understand our customers' unique needs and provide the solutions that are the best for them. You'll be joining a growth-stage startup, and you'll learn how to navigate and manage our internal systems, see how a scaling company grows, and be a part of the next chapter of Lever.
Our ideal team member has a customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy. You are comfortable digging into our API, learning and understanding how our integrations are built, and how they function, and are ready to develop deep product knowledge about Lever. More importantly, you have a natural curiosity and aptitude for technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools (most importantly Lever!).
Past experience in technical customer support (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
The skill set
- 2 or more years of experience in technical product support functions via email, phone and chat
- Past experience understanding how APIs and integrations function with a product
- Experience managing customer interactions effectively
- Clear/concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of demonstrated ability to dive into the weeds and find solutions
- Previous B2B SaaS product support experience
Within 1 month, you'll
- Complete Ramp Camp, our onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on our business, vision, and team
- Learn about Lever and about the recruiting space, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers. Become comfortable with the product and learn the ins and outs of how recruiting teams use Lever
- Have the opportunity to shadow members of the following teams to gain an understanding of their roles with our customers and within Lever: Implementation, Customer Support, Customer Success, Professional Services, Talent Analytics
- Shadow three to four Customer Support Representatives (CSRs) handling inbound interactions, gaining an understanding of common customer inquiries as well as our processes for resolution; demonstrate understanding by completing your first tickets with a CSR shadowing you
- Complete training with our IT Team and our Customer Support Team to learn how to access and use all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Zendesk, JIRA, Intercom, Salesforce, Lever Admin, Chrome Console; reverse-shadow in each tool. You will demonstrate your understanding of our internal tools by successfully using them while being shadowed by your team members
- Complete Customer Support onboarding training, to learn how Lever product features work, including basic features, add-ons, and third-party integrations; receive certification from each training leader
- Learn to triage incoming customer inquiries and the process of escalating them by working with various team members to resolve and close your first ticket
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs while prioritizing and escalating issues appropriately.
Within 3 months, you'll
- Work daily with our Customer Support team and your manager to identify and handle specific Escalation Support interactions as necessary
- Understand all of our third-party integrations, and begin processing enablements for these integrations
- Maintain a list of support contacts for all of our vendors and partners, engaging support at these companies as necessary to ensure our customers' success with integrations
- Manage troubleshooting of the data migration processes for the Customer Experience and Solutions team, and understand how to escalate to other teams as appropriate
- Become a Lever expert through training and customer interaction, building a solid understanding of each feature and best practices for how to use them; handle 75% of all inbound Escalation Support interactions without assistance through resolution or escalation; be able to provide creative solutions to users
- Work with our Product teams using JIRA to contribute to prioritization of feature requests through providing customer feedback
- Attend release training and planning sessions with the goal of assuring a complete understanding of releases, and proactively identify the tools and resources that the Customer Success team will need to successfully support releases
Within 6 months, you'll
- Continue to handle all Escalation Support inquiries within our SLAs, while following escalation processes for other issues
- Manage technical troubleshooting, as well as processing enablements, for all of our third-party integrations
- Engage partners and vendors as appropriate to manage solutions for our customers
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions, both internal tools and third party options, within the Customer Experience and Solutions team; proposing and building out solutions as required
- Maintain a level of customer satisfaction (we measure through CSAT scores) equal to or greater than the overall team average; help maintain all service and support content including process documentation, Wikis, email macros, training manuals and help articles
- Help interview, on board and train incoming team members
- Create and curate documentation around escalations, providing ongoing training for the Customer Support team around these processes
Within 12 months, you'll
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Escalation Support processes; assess results and refine
- Mentor new and existing team members
- Maintain SLAs and Customer Satisfaction goals on all Escalation Support interactions
- Is this role not an exact fit?
- Sign up to stay in touch, we'll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
The Lever Story
Lever is a leading Talent Acquisition Suite that makes it easy for talent teams to reach their hiring goals and to connect companies with top talent. Lever is the only platform that provides all talent acquisition leaders with complete ATS and robust CRM capabilities in one product, LeverTRM. The LeverTRM features allow leaders to scale and grow their people pipeline, build authentic and long-lasting relationships, and source the right people to hire. Lever Analytics provides customized reports with data visualization, see offers completed and interview feedback, and more, to inform strategic decisions between hiring managers and executives alike.
Our platform also enables companies to hire with inclusivity in mind, helping eliminate any hiring bias. Lever supports the hiring needs of over 5,000 companies around the globe including the teams at Netflix, Spotify, Atlassian, KPMG, and Nielsen. For more information, visit https://www.lever.co.
Company name: Lever
Remote job title: Escalation Support Specialist
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, business services, hr, recruitment