Enterprise Technical Advisor Customer Success
Remote job description
ALL SOURCEGRAPH ROLES ARE FULLY REMOTE
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just 0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate code AI for writing, fixing, and maintaining code, as well as our Code Search product, helping devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We're building software that builds software, and in doing so we're making devs more productive and growing the population of coders by giving anybody access to the deep knowledge base of a senior engineer through Cody and all of the context it brings. We're preparing for a world with a lot more code than exists today, and that benefits us all.
It's an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we've spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that's integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We've raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We're making ambitious bets on our future and we're looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don't have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with PST for at least 30 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
You will have a ton of responsibility and growth potential in helping us shape and build our young team. As an Enterprise CSM (note: we refer to this role as an Enterprise Technical Advisor), you will manage the relationships with roughly 15 Enterprise customers. You'll ensure the customer developers love us and that they remain (and grow) happy customers. You'll also help our customers solve technical problems. You'll drive key metrics like adoption, usage/consumption, NPS, NDR (Net Dollar Retention) and renewal rate.
Within one month you will...
- Start building a trusting relationship with your partners on Customer Engineering, Sales, Value Engineering, and Support teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest (Fortune 500) customers to understand their technical challenges and needs.
- Be assigned your first customers with whom you'll begin to establish trusted relationships to earn and maintain credibility.
Within three months you will...
- Meet regularly with your customer champions and advocates; establish yourself as their key point of contact.
- Ensure your customers derive maximum value from their investment in Sourcegraph; develop action plans based on insights and needs where necessary.
- Develop and implement tailored programs and playbooks, contributing to internal team strategy, that provide continued value to our customers and ensure long-term growth beyond just your assigned customers.
- Provide recommendations based on the customer's infrastructure and use cases, and provide feedback to internal teams as the voice of your customer.
Within six months you will...
- Drive the ultimate success of your customers, including their onboarding experience, ongoing feature adoption, and renewal.
- Engage customers in product betas, case studies, and webinars as applicable.
- Drive seamless onboarding processes and work cross-functionally with our support and services team to proactively lead successful deployments.
- Translate customer sentiment to internal teams and appropriately advocate for strategic product decisions.
- Solve technical problems with and for our customers.
- Proactively identify new opportunities for expansion and up-sell opportunities across your book of business by collaborating with the sales team to ensure subscription growth and increased solution footprint.
You are an enthusiastic, self-driven, and results-oriented post-sales specialist who shares our values and is passionate about nurturing healthy customers.
- You are knowledgeable in the technical topics our customers deal with daily (migrations, code refactors, developer onboarding, etc.) and have the ability to partner with them on technical solutions both using and extending the Sourcegraph product. You use your technical skills to solve problems.
- You are an influential and strategic thinker who co-develops success strategies with customers and your account team counterparts (AE, etc.) to ensure we bring value to our customers and continue to solve their ongoing needs. You commonly report on the status via Business Reviews with documented KPIs and success metrics associated with use cases.
- You actively listen, synthesize information, communicate effectively, and present with confidence and customer empathy to various stakeholders (end-user devs to C-level stakeholders) and internal teams.
- You are proactive. You can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify opportunities, address complex political situations, and support customers throughout.
- You are naturally curious and seek to learn about product features and their benefits. You provide recommendations based on stated customer needs and use cases. You engage customers on relevant betas, updates, and educational material, as applicable.
- You are exceptionally organized and have strong project management skills. You are a strong adopter of tools and standardized processes to document customer conversation goals and project customer health scores across your entire book of business. You can prioritize effectively and can set and deliver on expectations.
- You are a team player who can proactively contribute to a positive environment that values people and work, openly share problems and successes, and work across teams to help refine processes and achieve goals. You can take responsibility for your actions and recognize mistakes as learning opportunities.
This job is an IC3. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we'll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we're always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
The target compensation for this role is $154,720 USD base + $36,680 USD variable = $193,400 USD on-target-earnings.
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Interview process [~4.75 hour total interview]
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we're the right fit for you... Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
Introduction Stage - we have initial conversations to get to know you better...
- [30 min] Recruiter Screen with Grace Bohl
- [30 min] Hiring Manager Screen with David Medina
- [60 min] Resume Deep Dive with David Medina
Team Interview Stage - we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team...
- [Async] - Technical Assignment
- [45 min] - Peer Interview
- [45 min] - Cross-Functional Collaboration - with an Account Executive
Final Interview Stage - we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically...
- [30 min] Values Interview
- [30 min] Co-founder interview
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note - you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn't get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you're not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Company name: Sourcegraph
Remote job title: Enterprise Technical Advisor Customer Success
Job tags: KPI Dashboards, project management, Onboarding