Due Diligence Agent
Remote job description
The Due Diligence Agent is responsible for performing timely customer due diligence to complete the KYC process. You will be engaged in research and analysis and will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organisation, external vendor tools and their overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counterparts of various characteristics.
The role as a Due Diligence Agent gives you the opportunity to:
- Perform Due Diligence on existing, new and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events;
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying customer records that require further review and taking action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested;
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification;
- Perform searches utilising Internet sources and/or third-party vendors to obtain information on prospects and new/existing customers;
- Communicate with customers when required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies;
- Provide guidance and responses to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate;
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services;
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual;
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations;
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies;
- Support Wise in internal and external audits and regulatory due diligence process related queries reviews;
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
As the Due Diligence Agent you should have the following skills:
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent (additional language skills are a plus)
- You can work autonomously within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardised).
- You are able to handle more complex activities with moderate variation. You can deal with less straightforward questions, coordinate with as many sources of information necessary within and outside the business to support solutions.
- You are capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and providing detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organisational skills, attention to detail, analytical abilities, and ability to adhere to strict deadlines in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- You're punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done.
- You have the ability to work in a diverse work environment which requires collaboration, partnership and transparency.
- You are eligible to work in Hungary - we do not offer visa support for this role.
- Application review
- Video interview and test in HireVue
- Final interview with two Team Leads
- Start date: Q3 2022
- PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English and answering the application questions.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Due Diligence Agent
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy