Director, Professional Services Commercial
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Director of Professional Services Commercial is responsible for building out the Services business aligned to Confluent's Commercial segment. The Director works with Services supporting functions to trial and launch services offerings aimed at a high volume, lower duration "touch" model, using our knowledge and assets as well as direct consultative interaction to guide our Commercial and SMB customers toward data-in-motion maturity. This Director recruits and develops the team required to provide such services; works with counterparts in the Sales, presales, and customer success organizations to understand customer needs and create appropriate offerings; and drives a strong focus on helping our customers use Confluent's software to address their business needs.
The Commercial segment is a very fast growing set of customers, strongly associated with the usage and growth of Confluent Cloud. The Director of PS Commercial understands the power and potential of SaaS/PaaS/IaaS models as well as how to support customers who leverage those models by providing appropriate Confluent education and expert guidance. The Director understands how a vibrant and informed partner community contributes to addressing the Commercial segment and works with our Business Development, Education, and other internal Confluent functions to develop a cohesive Services and partner strategy for Commercial customers.
The Director of PS Commercial is a dynamic leader and change agent with advanced organizational and communication skills, poise and focus under pressure, and a drive to deliver lasting success with our customers and our partners.
- Launch and operationalize a Commercial delivery model that leverages prescriptive guidance and repeatable motions to provide a flexible means of engaging customers according to the amount of guidance needed.
- Develop a team of technical consulting architects, engineers, and managers available to address Commercial customer needs at scale.
- Work with our delivery partner community to form mutually beneficial relationships, particularly in expansion markets and those with complementary skills
- Identify and facilitate the development of joint Confluent and partner delivery solutions across industries and use cases.
- Drive engagement with Confluent's Commercial customer segment, serving as the point of escalation for key project deliveries.
- Build strong collaboration with Confluent Business Development, Professional Services, Education, Sales, and Customer Success teams and drive change management considering these stakeholders.
- Participate in Confluent product and sales strategy conversations through active feedback from customer implementations.
- Be an internal and external evangelist for Confluent Professional Services.
- Champion confluent values internally and externally, including earning our customers' love, building a great and diverse team, operating as one team, and leading with humility and empathy.
- Proven experience developing and expanding software consulting services at scale
- Consulting background and/or experience implementing SaaS/PaaS/Iaas software projects leveraging broad engagement models from high-volume-low-touch to low-volume-high-touch offerings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to distill complex subject matter to key points and communicate to multiple audiences effectively
- Experienced manager of a fast-growing, distributed, and international team
- Highly developed relationship-building skills, and the ability to impact change through influence
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical mind and strong quantitative skills, capable of leveraging data to convey key insightsComfortable in rapidly changing environments
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Job title: Director, Professional Services - Commercial [Remote]
Job tags: big data, infrastructure, open-source