Director of Customer Success
As Director of Customer Success, it is your responsibility to shape the trajectory and cast a vision for the Customer Success department. You will evaluate data and qualitative feedback to identify and facilitate ways that customer-facing teams at Shopmonkey can improve efficiency and relationships with our customers.
You have the opportunity to:
- Set direction and speed. Assess risk, implement resources and create a team culture
- Build our customer success strategy, including programs, playbooks, and success plans that nurture and expand relationships with end-users and improve customer health
- Serve as a strategic, trusted advisor to customers by providing enablement, recommendations, and best practices on how Shopmonkey can address customer business goals, needs, and pain points
- Own, forecast, and drive key business metrics such as Net Revenue Retention, Churn %, NPS, CSAT, etc.
- Establish, track, and measure customer success effectiveness and performance
- Define and report on customer account health metrics and effectively communicate how the data will inform the strategy moving forward
- Actively engage in account strategy and a part of executing the strategy for Shopmonkey's customer base
- Hire, coach, and develop our Customer Success team with the support of CS team leads and create a high performing, accountable, fun team culture
- Serve as the voice of the customer inside Shopmonkey to our Product and Engineering teams
- Partner with Sales leadership, cross-functional teams, and your managers to develop and execute strategies that create successful, growing customers
- Align with the other GTM Leaders, including Marketing and Sales, to plan and execute customer marketing, retention, and value driving initiatives
- Spearhead initiatives to influence lifetime value of customers, product adoption, and customer satisfaction
We are looking for people who:
- Are a strong operational leader with experience building a scaled operating model with people, tools, systems & processes improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness across the customer lifecycle
- Can set a firm strategy and plan to outline the large scale strategic initiatives with a critical focus on recurring revenue metrics to measure and monitor the success of the customer success team
- Empower the team and leads with empathy, integrity, and transparency
- Understand the value drivers in SaaS business models and what levers to pull to influence them
- Have the ability to engage in strategic and tactical conversations with customers, ranging from senior stakeholders to end users across operations, IT, and sales
- Have a clear, professional, friendly, and informative communication style
- Enjoy creative problem solving, being resourceful, and experiencing new and different challenges every day
- Have both pre and post sales experience, with a strong ability to negotiate for growth and similarly negotiate for retention, handling customer escalations
- Have a sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven; you ask deep questions and find creative ways to learn at a rapid pace
About the Industry
The US is the second largest passenger vehicle market with more than 260 million registered passenger vehicles, and the global car repair market is estimated to be worth more than $500B. Shopmonkey aims to change the status quo and enable auto shops to become more efficient and give their customers a more delightful experience.
Shopmonkey, the leading auto-repair shop software company, is a cloud-based solution that consolidates the complexities of running an auto repair business — from appointment scheduling, to parts ordering, to managing inventory and processing payments — all onto a single platform. We help repair shops consolidate tools, save time, and streamline their entire operation with simple, easy-to-use software.
Shopmonkey is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We are looking for team members that are committed to the Shopmonkey mission. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Director of Customer Success